PDA

View Full Version : I got mixed feelings about this....

Big Muddy
10-03-2014, 02:35 PM
This was a real dumb move on this kid's part....however, I did some mighty dumb things in college, too....sure glad some folks gave me some 2nd and even 3rd chances.

He must be a pretty intelligent kid, if he's on an academic scholarship....however, he definitely needs punishment, but I think, losing his scholarship is over-kill.

Picking up trash around campus or mopping cafeteria floors after school every day for the rest of the school year would be quite embarrassing, and provide adequate punishment.

"""Student who ran on Ohio State field loses scholarship::::

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A student who ran onto the field during an Ohio State football game and was body-slammed by a coach is losing his full tuition and housing scholarship amid his court case.

Defense attorney Mark Collins says officials on Tuesday started removing 21-year-old Anthony Wunder from the Evans Scholars program for former golf caddies.

The fourth-year engineering student is charged with misdemeanor criminal trespassing. His attorney entered a not-guilty plea in Franklin County Municipal Court.

Wunder was stopped and slammed down by an assistant strength and conditioning coach Saturday during Ohio State's home victory over Cincinnati. The coach, Anthony Schlegel, is a former Buckeyes linebacker.

The big hit has been a sensation on social media.

Coach Urban Meyer said he had a somewhat serious conversation with Schlegel about the hit.

BarryBobPosthole
10-03-2014, 02:50 PM
It seems like the punishment hardly fits the crime. and calling it criminal trespassing is laughable. Of course, it isn't against the law to be stupid, so they just have to call it something.

BKB

Thumper
10-03-2014, 06:11 PM
A pretty heavy penalty for the "crime" IMHO .... especially for a fourth-year engineering student. Dang, if I'd have been hit that hard for my college "pranks" I'd have been crucified! ;)

DeputyDog
10-04-2014, 07:54 AM
So what, he actually has to pay for one year of school. They didn't throw him out of school, they just pulled his scholarship. Some schools actually do the same thing to athletes if they get arrested.

I know, I know, not very many, but some actually do.