PDA

View Full Version : Latest Gig...

LJ3
10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Just to catch you all up, not sure if I've shared my turmoils with the photo biz this year or not. The guy I had shot with for 4 years or so fired me, quite unprofessionally with no notice at all. I have a few guesses as to why but it is what it is, he's crazy and I have enough craziness in and around me to last a hundred lifetimes so I'm good with the end result, and the hurt of his actions is fading in the rear view. He stiffed me well over 5K and I'm not sure, if anything I'll do about that yet.

Anyway... Another really good photographer noticed that (we're a catty bunch) and snapped me up right away. She is a really creative type and we work really well together. Then I got on board with another national company to fill in any gaps I have with my bookings. They have a pretty extensive screening and qualification process so it was pretty cool to get on board with them too. Add to that my personal bookings and I could be more pleased with how my hard work is paying off even as I've had to deal with two different "professionals" completely screwing me over.

So, enough of the drama. Here's a few of my last gig. I have another gig with the national company on Saturday and one of my own bookings on Sunday.

Buckrub
10-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Why do you work FOR someone? You'r'e too smart and talented.

BarryBobPosthole
10-06-2014, 03:22 PM
He owed you $5K. Pretty much sums up why he 'fired' you to me. If he treated you that way, he'll eventually treat his customers that way. Karma is such a bitch.

Man that top pic is cool.

BKB

LJ3
10-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Most photographers around here do it that way. ~50% of couples want two photographers around here so we find one or two people we work well with and everyone wins. The national company I'm on staff with will just fills gaps. They pay a flat hourly rate so if I don't have a wedding on a day where I want one, boom. It's like business spackle :)

LJ3
10-06-2014, 03:47 PM
He owed you $5K. Pretty much sums up why he 'fired' you to me. If he treated you that way, he'll eventually treat his customers that way. Karma is such a bitch.

Man that top pic is cool.

BKB

He didn't not pay me 5K. There were 5K in gigs he had hired me for. Then he found cheaper labor and kicked me to the curb. The part that REALLY chaps my ass is that I passed on two direct bookings that would have been very high end weddings that would have made a nice chunk of change. But I refused the clients because I had already committed to working with him on those dates. Lesson learned.

Niner
10-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Man, that top pic is fantastic.
Would make an excellent ad for Taco Bell. :biggrin

Captain
10-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Is the woman you working for good looking. If so pictures please :D
As far as getting on with the National company, just have them call me for a reference for ya'. You will be working in NO time! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bwana
10-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Great pics LJ.

Big Muddy
10-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Dang, that gal in 2nd pic has got some nice hooters!!!....just saying. ;)

Nice pics, btw.

Captain
10-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Dang, that gal in 2nd pic has got some nice hooters!!!....just saying. ;) Nice pics, btw.

In my line of business we call that a heavy milker...... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Reminds me of a saying I heard recently.

"That boy is so dumb he could fall in a barrel full of titties and come out sucking his thumb"

BKB

Big Muddy
10-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Stole it !!! ;)