PDA

View Full Version : So what happens..................??

Buckrub
10-09-2014, 12:33 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/08/congressman-at-least-10-isis-fighters-caught-trying-to-cross-into-us/

So, some SUICIDAL ISIS terrorists, or sympathizers, cross the porous border with Mexico, willingly become infected with Ebola somewhere, and run around infecting as many people as they can.

Since we clearly can't stand stopping any illegal Mexicans with GOOD intentions from coming across, how will we stop ones truly bent on destroying us and themselves?

If not valid, why not?

If so, how to stop?

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 11:03 AM
OK, so no one is interested. Turns out I am.

Here's a blog, an opinion, a simple discussion...by a nurse..........not some double blind medical study, no. But worthy of reading and considering. We can read this now, or later. Up to you.

http://dtolar.wordpress.com/2014/10/01/ebola-a-nurses-perspective/

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/first-us-ebola-infection-sparks-fears-about-safety-protocols/ar-BB8Wo3B?ocid=ansnewsafp11

Nero.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 01:41 PM
I'll believe it when some oil industry analyst says Ebola fears are the reason they had to raise gasoline prices by a dollar. It ain't happened yet, but based on the media hype and conspiracy theories going around it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 01:46 PM
So, because you believe it's hype, you are not concerned at all??

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 01:52 PM
No, I'm not concerned at all because I ain't gonna catch it. Nor is anyone in my family. Or yours. Or most any people for that matter, unless you live in Africa anyway, or are a health care worker who doesn't follow the protocols established by the medical profession. Oh, by the way, when it s handy you like to say we have the best health care in the world. Now I guess they're all a bunch of nincompoops.

Death by brown people might carry well in some circles. Not mine. Sorry to be such a dissenter.

MAybe you should read some Keith Ablow since you like Fox News so much. He says, not surprisingly, it's all Obama's fault.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/09/ebola-outbreak-why-obama-is-allowing-ebolaphobia-to-spread/

BKB

LJ3
10-13-2014, 02:00 PM
I think your view may be a bit on the dangerous side, posthole. I don't know what the answer is, or even the approach but the threat is pretty dang real once the virus gets a hold in a few places.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Yeah? Where in the western world has it got a hold? Name one place where it's gotten a hold and spread outside of some place with horrible personal hygiene or cultural rituals that cause the spread. Ebola isn't new and we're not making a bunch of new discoveries about it.Its been around since the 70's.

BKB

LJ3
10-13-2014, 02:05 PM
I was considering Bucky's concern that if someone were to intentionally spread it, things go go south quickly.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 02:15 PM
That's pretty much true of any disease that could be weaponized. Now that we don't immunize against it, weaponized smallpox would be deadly.

What kills me is this constant barrage of fear that is used to continually rationalize acts that we'd never EVER consider in a sane environment. We spy on our own citizens because we're afriad one of us might be a terrorist. We just assume that any other information they get about us non-terror related is just somehow tossed away. It don't work that way in real life. Now we want to create a fear of ISIS coming across our southern border, which isn't as porous as some folks would like us to think. What about our northern border? Ever been up there? Its only got about a million places in each state where anybody with a nickel's worth of sense could get across. Here's a hint, the 9/11 guys flew in through Minneapolis.

I'm not for having a false sense of security, but the ISIS and ebola stuff is sheer insanity. And it is of no surprise to me that a lot of people buy that shit. Look at our electoral results for about the last 40 years that oughta tell you something.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Well, that's certainly an...........interesting......view on things. Thanks.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Yep. Here's another one, since potential human ebolabombs seems to be a good reason to go rub ISIS out to the last man.

What if we'd never went to war in Iraq and let nature take it's course there? You think ISIS would exist in Saddam Hussein's rule? Do you think ISIS would exist in Syria if we'd let Assad do his thing to the rebels without our interference?

We created the ISIS situation as a result of our own actions. And our actions that you and others want us to take in the name of freedom and security in the United States from beheadings, ebola, and WMDs, would lead us to contribute to some other future horror that eventually probably will be real. Lets get the fuck out of there and let those fuckers rot in their own juices. Every one of them are OPECkers that has screwed us over so they can have the money to create these regimes. Lets get out. Now.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Fine. Your guy promised he would. He won't.

Taliban
Al Queda
Boko Haram
ISIS
ISIL
Mohammed's Magic Camel's Army

Does anyone think that if we "wipe out" this one, that another one won't take its place? Does ANYONE get it, how these folks think????

Couldn't agree more.

BUT....if a disease to which we have no cure is spreading to thousands, and when I (not some article) combine this with current obvious knowledge that suicide bombers exist, added to the fact that our borders are porous and ISIS is getting in according to reports........adds up to a cause for concern and discussion, at least to me. If you want to be a Pollyanna or an Ostrich, cool man! Free country. But I don't think I will do that.

LJ3
10-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Lets get the fuck out of there and let those fuckers rot in their own juices. Every one of them are OPECkers that has screwed us over so they can have the money to create these regimes. Lets get out. Now.

BKB

I don't know how you got there, but I agree with you!

LJ3
10-13-2014, 03:25 PM
I think isolationist is the way to go. Fuck every last country in the middle east. Including the one we're 'sposed to be allied with. If the last thousand years of them all hating and killing each other hasn't shown a noticeable pattern, then the last 10 years should have. If people haven't made an honest mental note about it, they're too biased to stupid to have a say in the matter.

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 03:26 PM
But that's who you elect.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 03:30 PM
The only person to EVER successfully invade and rule the middle east was a guy named Genghis Khan. His solution to his own middle eastern problem was to simply kill them all. then when his empire went away, they went back to what they were doing before. It'll always be that way.

BKB

Niner
10-13-2014, 05:31 PM
That's what I've been saying for some time now. Pull ALL of our troopers out. Bring them all back here ASAP. Station them along the borders and shut down the infiltration. And don't forget to give the troopers bullets. An empty rifle ain't much use.

Truth be told there's enough oil here and in Canada that we should never import another drop from the middle east.

OK.....back to being non-political....this stuff gets my BP up.

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Just for you, Bucky......
BKB

Thumper
10-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Ha ha ha! Now that right there is FUNNY! :D

LJ3
10-14-2014, 01:30 PM
hehehehehehehehehe

That is pretty damn funny :)

Big Skyz
10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
I saw that a few days ago on Facebook and it crossed my mind again when I read Bucky's post.

airbud7
10-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Good read fellers...Thanks Barry and Buck....

Buckrub
10-14-2014, 09:08 PM
How about this one?

http://www.wkrg.com/story/26786894/developing-suspected-ebola-case-in-mobile-alabama

Since Mobile is further from me than Tulsa, where Posty says it can NOT occur, I'm happy.

Buckrub
10-14-2014, 09:08 PM
P.S.
The flu is also NOT airborne....

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2014, 09:52 PM
You are saying this is ebola?

BKB

quercus alba
10-14-2014, 10:32 PM
here you go Bucky

http://www.desertsun.com/story/opinion/columnists/2014/10/12/thomas-sowell-obama-ebola/17142359/

Captain
10-15-2014, 07:03 AM
And here we go.....
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
10-15-2014, 07:53 AM
Never fear, Jesse's here....

Race Hustler Jesse Jackson Pulls the Race Card Over Dallas Ebola Case

October 8, 2014 By Matthew Burke

"""I know this may come as a shock to some, but racial grievance industry profiteer Jesse Jackson has already pulled the race card over the Dallas Ebola patient, even before the news today that the Liberian national, Thomas Eric Duncan, died from the deadly and highly infectious disease on Wednesday.
Jackson said that Duncan, who the New York Times reported “lied” to airport screeners about his prior contact with the Ebola virus, a disease which has no cure or vaccine, would have received better treatment if he were white.
Jackson should know about showing up for events where there’s plenty of media attention, as he’s made a lucrative living showing up anywhere the media will put a microphone in front of his face.
Jackson, a “reverend,” retweeted in May that Pope Francis was a “half dead hum bug u were living with another man in a one bedroom apartment,” and ironically “counseled” fellow Democrat and serial woman abuser Bill Clinton after his famous affair with Monica Lewinsky. Jackson is the father of an illegitimate child due to an extramarital affair.
In his HuffPo piece, Jackson then went out of his way to point out that, “Duncan has a foreign accent, black skin, and no health insurance,” then asks, “What role did his lack of privilege play in the treatment he received? He is being treated as a criminal rather than as a patient,” Jackson decided.
Jackson also told WFAA on Wednesday that, “we know there is different treatment among blacks in the country.”""

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 08:21 AM
here you go Bucky

http://www.desertsun.com/story/opinion/columnists/2014/10/12/thomas-sowell-obama-ebola/17142359/

Y'all are shit disturbers. And I don't care what Jesse JAckson thinks and neither should anyone else.

As for Thomas Sowell's article, I think the upshot of his whole editorial is that Obama doesn't love America enough and that's why he hasn't banned people from entering the United States like we used to do in the good old days. He even says that in those words. "There was a time when an outbreak of a deadly disease overseas would bring virtually unanimous agreement that our top priority should be to keep it overseas. Yet Barack Obama has refused to bar entry to the United States by people from countries where the Ebola epidemic rages, as Britain has done." There was? When? The World Health Organization and the CDC (even though you probably will come up with some political reason why they shouldn't be listened to) both have said repeatedly that a travel ban would have virtually ZERO effect in stopping the spread of this or any other disease. When there was a big outbreak of H1N1 a few years back they said the same thing. Here's what they said about it in 2009.
" Scientific research based on mathematical modelling shows that restricting travel would be of limited or no benefit in stopping the spread of disease. Historical records of previous influenza pandemics, as well as experience with SARS, validate this.

Returning travellers who become ill should contact their health care provider.

Does WHO recommend screenings at country entry and exit points to detect if ill people are travelling?

No. WHO does not believe entry and exit screenings would work to reduce the spread of this disease. However country-level measures to respond to a public health risk are the decision of national authorities, under the International Health Regulations 2005.

and finally, this from Forbes. I can validate with a link if you like.

"Dr Tom Frieden, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has tried to explain why he doesn’t support a travel ban:

Importantly, isolating countries won’t keep Ebola contained and away from American shores. Paradoxically, it will increase the risk that Ebola will spread in those countries and to other countries, and that we will have more patients who develop Ebola in the US. People will move between countries, even when governments restrict travel and trade. And that kind of travel becomes almost impossible to track.

Simply put: you can’t seal the country. If you blocked air travel, it would force desperate individuals to use alternative routes – over land and sea – to escape the epidemic. They’ll still end up in the US, except you won’t know where.

An attempted travel ban would be like locking yourself in a cabin on a sinking ship and praying the flood doesn’t seep through the gaps, and that the water pressure won’t be enough to burst through the door."

What is the most absolutely sickening part of this, short of actually getting ebola, is how this is being used by people like Sowell and others to score political points. FoxNews and CNN publish polls on what everyday Americans say we should do to prevent the spread. As if following what the polls say is surely the smartest and most patriotic way to fix anything. Maybe we should ask Americans in a poll how we should design a spacecraft to go to Mars. I'm sure Sowell wouldn't sign up to ride in it. So here we sit with a potential pandemic on our hands, and all we can say is 'The President could fix this if only he loved America more'. Can you not see through that? That's about as cynical a statement as I've ever heard.

BKB

Captain
10-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Sorry Barry but I see it more along the lines of Sowell than you. Not to say you are wrong (or right). I just think it could have been stopped. And we DO have a president that could give a rats ass about the average American.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Lots of folks do see it that way. I don't.

Yet again, its the old conservative mantra....."If you don't see things my way, you're not a good American". How long before we start killing or deporting or imprisoning people who aren't good Americans? That'd be just fine with a bunch of folks. Its been done, right here in this country. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again.

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Thomas Sowell is absolutely the smartest man in America. I also wrote him in for President.

I spend a lot of time tearing tin hats off of people. But for this one, folks are gonna crawfish one day. And it'll be a very sad day, too.

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:17 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/10-000-ebola-cases-per-week-could-seen-124410379.html

THIS is dang sure Ebola. And since Posty is so concerned with folks in other countries, why not a raging concern for this area? And why not at least a modicum of thought that something this big just MIGHT spread??????

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:21 AM
And by the way, my REAL belief is that this is some concocted b/s to divert the attention from Obama, as always seems to occur every time he gets in hot water.

:moon:AR:thack:stirthepot:banghead:emptiness::crus hed:

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Well hell Bucky. Its not like we haven't sent people and aid to the stricken countries. There is very much concern for the people in those countries. The fact is, there's an outbreak every other year or so and its been going on since the 70's. This isn't new. and it's a concern in Africa because of their own cultural rituals for handling their dead and because of the almost total lack of a medical infrastructure to deal with it.

What I am NOT concerned about is our own capability to isolate and prevent it.

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:23 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-dept-2nd-person-tests-positive-for-ebola/ar-AA6SRUV

2nd Texas worker.

Mobile.

10,000 a week in Africa.

Nero.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Wow. That's quite the epidemic. and here the governor of Texas has left on a junket to Europe. Oh the humanity!

and according to a bunch of anonymous nurses who can't be talked to, there's a total lack of protocol for dealing with infectious diseases and OH MY GOD we're DOOMED!

Come on. Get real. We don't know why yet these two nurses got infected. When they find out, adjustments will be made.

I imagine you don't believe in immunization either. OH MY GOD! We're DOOMED!

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:30 AM
I got the flu shot, I'll have you know.

And the flu is not airborne!

Captain
10-15-2014, 09:34 AM
How long before we start killing or deporting or imprisoning people who aren't good Americans? That'd be just fine with a bunch of folks. Its been done, right here in this country. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again. BKB

Yes that fine Democrat president during WWII put all the Japanese Americans in prisons didn't he. Since the democrats let the way on this issue I guess it would be wrong for Republicans to do it now. Guess that was Bush's fault too....
And while we are at it a REPUBLICAN president abolished slavery.
And remember ALL good Democrats in the 60's, in the South raising hell at the civil rights stuff.... Wallace ????

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Here's is a number that staggers the mind.

During the 1918-19 flu pandemic, it is estimated that between 30 and 50 million people died from the flu across the world. Again, the centers were mainly in Africa but it also spread to Europe. Remember, soldiers were traveling everywhere during that time and many were coming home from Europe where it got a strong toe hold. In the US, we lost 675,000 people to the flu. Its been estimated that more soldiers died from the flu than were killed in WWI.

That's mind boggling. Imagine if something like that happened today. We'd have martial law in a New York minute.

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:40 AM
*snicker*

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:41 AM

During the 1918-19 flu pandemic, it is estimated that between 30 and 50 million people died from the flu across the world. Again, the centers were mainly in Africa but it also spread to Europe. Remember, soldiers were traveling everywhere during that time and many were coming home from Europe where it got a strong toe hold. In the US, we lost 675,000 people to the flu. Its been estimated that more soldiers died from the flu than were killed in WWI.

That's mind boggling. Imagine if something like that happened today. We'd have martial law in a New York minute.

BKB

Yeah. And IT is NOT airborne contracted either!!!

Captain
10-15-2014, 09:52 AM
What's the matter Posthole. All worried about imprisoning folks till you realize only democrats have done it in resent past?

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:53 AM
It doesn't matter who did it, it was wrong then and its wrong now. You're the one making it political (you shit disturber you).

By the way, did you know that most of the city ordinances that we have on the books today in most cities that make spitting on the sidewalk illegal were as a result of the flu pandemic of 1918?

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Of course it's wrong.

But if it doesn't matter WHO did it, why did you say this:

Yet again, its the old conservative mantra....."If you don't see things my way, you're not a good American". How long before we start killing or deporting or imprisoning people who aren't good Americans? That'd be just fine with a bunch of folks. Its been done, right here in this country. We need to make sure it doesn't happen again.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Mainly because that's who's saying it. You been paying attention?

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Yes. Have you fallen over yet?

Your claim that I quoted implies, strongly, that you attribute such actions solely to Conservatives.

Now you say that was brought up only because that's the current speaker of such things (a wild assumption on your part, but nonetheless....)

Can you not see your biases?

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Your method of arguing about something astounds me.

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 10:14 AM
I swear......I was just going to say the same thing about you.

Your throw your bias at me, and others, and then you say no, that you don't do it. Then when confronted, you divert and move off. It's why I said I'd quit arguing politics with Liberals, but I keep losing my mind.

It is clear to any rational observer that in this thread, you threw out a statement that Conservatives want to imprison folks, and are mean, and bad. You did do that.

Then when challenged you said "No, everyone does it and it's always bad".

Then when confronted with THAT, you say "you argue wierdly".

SO, I give up, and am going to cook.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Well. Bye.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 10:46 AM
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/ebola-the-culture-war/

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/10/06/3576544/rush-limbaugh-obama-isnt-closing-the-borders-because-he-thinks-america-deserves-ebola/

https://www.vocativ.com/usa/us-politics/obola-ebola-obama/

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/conservatives-ebola-conspiracies

http://youngcons.com/breaking-horrible-news-for-the-boyfriend-of-the-ebola-nurse/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/opinion/granderson-ebola-obama/

quercus alba
10-15-2014, 12:57 PM

BKB

I've read a lot about the spanish lady (spanish flu) of 1918 and in my humble opinion at least 1/4 of those American soldiers died because Woodhead Wilson would never admit that there was an epidemic and kept cramming the soldiers together into such close proximity in camps full of the infected. They died so fast on the ships that they were stacked in the hallways up to the ceilings, but Wilson insisted "There is no epidemic".

I agree with posthole, as long as you isolate the sick and use proper safety protocol, you have a better chance of getting eaten by a shark that contracting Ebola

Some sources say that 100,000,000 + died world wide from the Spanish Lady.

Thumper
10-15-2014, 01:02 PM
I caught the clap from a "Spanish Lady" once. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 01:05 PM
another thing I read about that time, QA, was I guess in major cities they tried varying shifts so workers wouldn't all be on public transportation at the same time.

Its on a different topic, kinda, but my ex wife had an old aunt that has since passed on that came to Oklahoma before statehood (1907). I think she said she was around seven when she came here. She told of lots of kids dying from 'cholera'. My Mom also told me she had cholera as a child and almost died. Aunt Bess told me she'd lost a child from cholera. She blamed it on the well water they drank. Still, life in those times was an iffy proposition no matter where you lived.

BKB

Thumper
10-15-2014, 01:15 PM
All joking aside ... I did have cholera in beautiful S.E. Asia (also most likely from the well water I was filtering through a t-shirt). In fact, the buddy I just visited in Texas and I both came down with it at the same time as we lived in the same hooch in a jungle village at that time. I was as close to dying as one can possibly get and at one point, was actually WISHING I'd go ahead and die just to get it over with. It's some nasty, nasty stuff! Trust me on that one.

Captain
10-15-2014, 02:53 PM
You're the one making it political You are wrong there Posty... I wrote a whole dissertation on how YOU made this political but erased it. Bottom line is you said. "Yet again, it's the old conservative mantra" From that point on YOU made it political. There are two (main) political ways of thinking in this country conservative (Republican) and liberal (Democrat) So when you take a jab and attribute it to conservative thinking you are (and mean too) poke Republicans. It's the Liberal way of doing things so you can say "you turned this political" ;) And 9 times out of 10 if I ain't busy as hell I'm gonna take issue with that kinda jab....