PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Visit

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Went to my doc this morning and Obamacare hasn't killed him yet, although to listen to him you'd think he's in the poorhouse. He has a nice big new Chevy truck like Bucky's parked outside his office though so I imagine he's doing at least as well as Bucky is.

I went to see him because my weight is getting out of control, as is my blood sugar and to hear my wife tell it, my attitude. I guess I'm not being as tolerant of folks as I should be. Hmmmm..

Anyway, the doc just confirmed what I knew before I got there.....I'm too damned fat, too damned old, and too damned ugly for it to make any difference. who says Obamacare isn't working?

BKB

Buckrub
10-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Wow.

Welcome, man. Welcome.

quercus alba
10-09-2014, 05:54 PM
We've been expecting you

Captain
10-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Ah ha! This would explain the no pictures of Dogtooth..... You don't want us to call you a fat-ass. ;)

And you ain't alone on the fat deal.
I weighed 165 to 170 most my career.
Started climbing the fat ladder the last couple of years I worked. Always said I'd cut my throat if I got over 200. About Turkey season I had a little doctors visit and tipped the scales at 215! That is WAY too heavy for my short frame.
Been going to the gym and running and I'm at 205 today. Just been eating better and working out. Sure would like to see 175 again but I doubt I ever will....
I feel your pain!

quercus alba
10-09-2014, 11:41 PM
I'd be ecstatic to see 215

Sunshine
10-10-2014, 01:39 AM
:D

LJ3
10-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Did he say anything about being an asshole? Sounds like Julie did :)

two words, low carb. Not Atkins, not south beach, none of that silly shit. Just stop eating sugar, anything with flour or starches, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.

There's still PLENTY of things you can eat and not feel like you're on a diet or limit intake at all. You'll get a craving for carbs in the first week, then watch the lbs fall off.

Introduce carbs back slowly. Works like a champ. If you don't want the lbs to come back, move around.

You're welcome.

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Did he say anything about being an asshole? Sounds like Julie did :)

two words, low carb. Not Atkins, not south beach, none of that silly shit. Just stop eating sugar, anything with flour or starches, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.

There's still PLENTY of things you can eat and not feel like you're on a diet or limit intake at all. You'll get a craving for carbs in the first week, then watch the lbs fall off.

Introduce carbs back slowly. Works like a champ. If you don't want the lbs to come back, move around.

You're welcome.

Why live???

Big Skyz
10-10-2014, 09:51 AM
BBP, sounds like we go to the same doctor. If not they must be directly related some how.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 09:53 AM
I know what to do, its just doing it. and its not like I'm that overweight. The whole reason I went to him in the first place is my weight never changes over 5-7 pounds over the course of a year and usually in the summer when I'm more active is when its on the low end of that scale. This summer though I gained about 12 pounds, my blood sugar is out of friggin control, and I've been having heart flutters. Add to that just generally feeling tired and grumpy and it points to what MAY be a thyroid condition of some sort or at least something out of the ordinary. I just have to limit my intake to 1800 calories or so a day and exercise every day and I can get my weight to where I want it. Problem is, when I was hot on the exercise trail in early summer I was actually gaining weight. So something is rotten in Denmark (I thnk). My doc just thinks I'm a fat asshole. And by the way, he hates Obama.

BKB

LJ3
10-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Fat CURMUDGEONLY asshole.

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Who would go to a doctor that LIKES Obama????

Captain
10-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Who would go to a doctor that LIKES Obama????

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Fat CURMUDGEONLY asshole.

That means I'm turning into a Republican!

BKB

LJ3
10-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Newt Gingrich resents that remark!

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 11:34 AM
That means I'm turning into a Republican!

BKB

Huh... Well, you musta got a raise!

quercus alba
10-10-2014, 12:30 PM

You're welcome.

Sounds dandy except for one little thing, I'm one of the 2% of the population that low carb diets don't work for. There's some fancy sounding medical term for it, I disremember what it is. Guess I'm one of the chosen ones

Sunshine
10-10-2014, 01:57 PM
:)

DeputyDog
10-10-2014, 02:14 PM
If I drank 8 glasses of water a day I'd get my exercise just walking to the pisser.;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Can I just drink 8 beers a day? They're mostly water anyway.

BKB

Niner
10-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Can I just drink 8 beers a day? They're mostly water anyway.

BKB

And there's your cans for lifing as well!

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Twelve ounce arms curls might be just the ticket!

BKB

Sunshine
10-10-2014, 03:43 PM

Niner
10-11-2014, 07:09 AM
I have one of those really big Turvis tumblers, and I drink ice water from the fridge all day long.
I cannot remember the last time I had a Diet Coke, and it has been at least 7 or 8 months since I've had any alcohol.

Fortunately, my well water tastes BETTER than bottled water!!!!

Sunshine
10-11-2014, 12:11 PM