PDA

View Full Version : Weight

Sunshine
10-09-2014, 10:31 PM
:)

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 09:38 AM
I got out of bed.
I drank 2 cups of water with hot coffee added.
I helped the wife pack her truck for her trip.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I got up at 6:00 and had coffee. At 6:30 I had a conference call with a bunch of idiots that made my blood pressure go through the roof. At 8:00 I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. At 9:00 I hd a conference call with a bunch of idiots that made my blood pressure go through the roof. At 10:15 I had a bowl of oatmeal.

BKB

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Fire them.

What good is being a VP if you can't fire everyone you dislike?

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 02:51 PM
I ain't a VP. I'm just an old lump of coal. (But I'm gonna be a diamond someday!)

BKB

Niner
10-10-2014, 03:05 PM
BBP, I think about you every time I hear that commercial on the radio for somekindofserviceorother that is supposed to cure all of the woes of connecting conf calls together.

They're all like Hello...hello....confusion has joined the call.....I fogot my password.....I already DID download the software.....etc....etc.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 03:23 PM
The new age of telecommuting and telecommunications tools for long distance collaboration with others has really changed the dynamic of effective communication between people. Used to be, you sat in meetings and looked people in the eye and shook their hand firmly and had a lot of non-verbal clues about what they were saying. Tall, good looking people with effective human soft skills ruled the day and those with physical and verbal challenges had to overcompensate by either being assholes or have superior salesmanship to get their ideas across effectively. Nowadays, that's morphed into something different. There are conference call bullies who never shut up and never allow discussion by running over others. There are conference call moderators to make sure people stay on task and keep their focus narrow. And then there's the unwashed masses (that'd be me) that sit and stew and only participate when necessary. I've always lived and died by effective communication and have always preached to my teams that it is the cornerstone of any successful career or business venture. Since we only do a small percentage of the actual work in almost any given process, and the biggest part of any job usually consists of getting someone else to do their part so you can get yours done, it only seems logical to me that the more effective we are at working with that other person, the more effective we are at getting ours done. It was pretty much the one and only thing I ever evaluated my direct reports on at review time.
That's pretty much gone by the wayside now. At least in my company. so I'm kind of like a dinosaur. Hopefully the Ice Age will hold off a couple more years for me.

BKB

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Meetings and Managers.

Some purpose, a guy told me once.

Then he died.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Well at least now its Friday night. Although it is Porktober and I am on a diet.

Woe is me.

BKB

Niner
10-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Sunny, have they gotten you on The Shots yet, or still on the pills?

Since the docs took me off of the pills and onto the shots, my numbers are pretty good....unless I over indulge in carbs (like my beloved French Fries), or I'm on steroids for some reason.