PDA

View Full Version : The Blasted NCAA

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 09:51 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/the-domino-effect-of-gurleys-suspension/ar-BB8pPlx

1) Players may NOT, at any time of the year while on scholarship, accept a job of any kind.

2) Gurley takes four hundred measly dollars "extra" from some guy selling HIS likeness and now he's gone.

NCAA needs to relocate their HQ to Moscow.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 09:55 AM
To quote a good LE friend of mine....'If you know its wrong and you do it anyway, then you pay the consequences and don't cry about it.'

Besides you're listening to what they say.

BKB

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 10:41 AM
I'll be danged.

Put straight in my place.

Going to pout..........(and get the wife off ahead of this storm......)

P.S.
I don't know that Gurley is crying. I was the one crying. But I didn't do the dirty deed.

Niner
10-10-2014, 10:48 AM
... "due to an alleged violation"...

..."for possibly accepting "...

That's the part that chaps my ass. Guilty until proven innocent.

Big Muddy
10-10-2014, 10:50 AM
I think it sucks, too, Bucky....however, rules are rules....the "measly" amount plays no part in the issue....if he broke the rules, and he did it on purpose for a $400 payday, then he's gotta pay the piper....if he isn't punished, then what are all the other players who did NOT break the rules gonna think or do???

He may as well fess-up, if he took the money, 'cause they'll track it down, just like they finally tracked down Reggie Bush....the only one they've failed to track down was Cam Newton....his slick-haired preacher-daddy covered those tracks really well.

Yes, the NCAA needs to re-vamp their thinking about legal stipends for these college athletes.

Big Muddy
10-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Niner, I know you're a Georgia fan, and I really hate this for your team, and I hope it turns out favorably for you.
Gurley is a helluva football player....without a doubt, he's the best running back in the nation, this year.

Speaking of Reggie Bush, I think the NCAA is trying to nip this in the bud to avoid another huge investigation like Bush's....if Gurley happens to win the Heisman, they don't want another black-eye, and have to demand their Heisman trophy back from Gurley....if he's guilty, they want it to come out, NOW!!!

Buckrub
10-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Now that makes sense....

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Sure does.

BKB

quercus alba
10-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I left my soapbox at home, youse guys are lucky. My vocabulary is too limited to describe how I feel about the National Communist Against Athletes without using profanity. Where's Tennessee Mountain Landes when you need him?

Tightline
10-10-2014, 04:48 PM
He stupidly broke a stupid rule and now he stupidly won't play. Mana from heaven for Mizzu.

Niner
10-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Well....the school has retained a lawyer for him, who is well versed in eligibility cases.

Also!!! IF it is true, the scumbg that enticed him to do it could be sued by UGA, AND could be looking at jail time...according to Georgia law.
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/athens/2014/10/11/businessman-uga-possible-charges/17078159/

Big Muddy
10-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Last night, ESPN reported that Jameus Wilson has "ties" to the same sports memorabilia broker, as Gurley....maybe Wilson was smart enough to get paid in crab legs and schrimps, and ate the evidence.

Also, the local P.D. and the Univ. are being investigated for the possibility of not turning over evidence in the earlier rape case....hmmmm, this sheeit is gonna get innersting. ;)