PDA

View Full Version : After 23 years, it was time for a new one...

Big Muddy
10-11-2014, 09:52 AM
I've carried this old Gerber for 23 years, and only lost it once....well, actually, it was stolen by my squirrel dog at that time, Buddy....I laid it down, after dressing some squirrels, and he ran off with it....found it the next day, when he was chewing on it, under a crepe myrtle in the yard....it's a wonder he didn't slice his mouth and tongue to pieces....if you look closely, you can still see Buddy's teeth marks on the handle....the blade is now about the size of a toothpick.

I found this little Buck knife at BassPro, and it has a really good feel to it....hope it lasts me 23 years, as well. ;)

Buckrub
10-11-2014, 10:11 AM
I admit. I'm a knife freak. I have about 10-12 pocket type knives, a custom skinner, my FIL's old Case folding sheath double blade skinner, one that I love that JB gave me, an orange RMEF knife my buddy gave me, I don't even remember 'em all.

My favorite, I lost. Carried it for many years. I got it 'free' for subscribing to Buckmaster about elebben dozen years ago. Gerber, much like the old one above. Small, sharp, easy to sharpen, easy to clean deer.

Buck's are good 'uns.

Niner
10-11-2014, 10:19 AM
I've always been a Buck or Case man.
I have a Buck Cadet that I carried so long the blades started "shrinking".
I got a Kershaw OSO Sweet knife for Father's Day this year. I really like it...even though it is made in China.