PDA

View Full Version : My opinion about Auburn has changed....

Big Muddy
10-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Even though I loathe Malzahn, my opinion about the Auburn fan base has changed....I had, at least, 30-40 family members and friends who attended the game, yesterday, including my son and all his family....I had texts and emails, running outta my ears, after the game....every single one of them had positive things to say about the Auburn fans, congratulating us on our well-played victory....several of my friends and family members walked several blocks to their vehicles, alongside many Auburn fans, who were camped out in RV's and tailgating, after the game....they were invited to join them for supper and more tailgating.

And get this, immediately after the game, the Auburn band played our "Hail State" anthem....a classy move, in my opinion.

Also, I'm really proud of our MS State fans for showing some class(more than Ole Piss has), and not storming the field, or destroying our goal posts....that's about the most immature and idiotic act in all of football, especially when it's your OWN day'um goalposts!!!....what the hell does that get you, other than a big SEC fine($50,000), and paying for new goalposts???....the brilliant AD from Ole Piss even condoned it after their game at home against Bama, by saying, ya'll just go ahead and storm the field, and destroy the goal posts, we'll take up donations to pay for everything....that's prolly the way AD Bjork did it, while he was at Western Kentucky....hell, their goal posts were prolly made outta cheap 2x4's, anyway. :lol:

A big thank you to our MS State fans!!!

Niner
10-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Well!!! I had NO idea the Auburn fans had that much class.

Where I live, Auburn is much closer than Athens (the home of UGA). A lot of kids from around here end up going to Auburn as it's much closer to home. So there's a good many Auburn fans around here that are otherwise really good folks.

Maybe it's their coach or that they can't decide if they wanna have a tiger or an eagle as their mascot.....but I just do NOT like Auburn. Oddly, I like the Alabama team. Maybe it has something to do with my wife's kinfolks coming from the Tuscaloosa area???

But my heart will always be with UGA. GO DAWGS!!!!

Big Muddy
10-12-2014, 03:45 PM
Yep, Niner, I think there's assholes and angels in every large group of people. ;)