PDA

View Full Version : Like I NEEDED somthing else to do.

Captain
10-12-2014, 02:33 PM
This is a non ball-post

A farmer friend of mine bought an additional 2,300 aces close to the farm. He (as he does all his land) clear cut it and has stumped it with excavators. He has about 10 dozers, loaders and excavators and not enough operators. So he asked if I could help him for a few weeks to get ahead of the winter weather. He wants to have this farm in wheat in a few weeks. So for the past few days I've been knocking dirt off stumps and piling them up for burning, and getting farther behind on my farm work....
Rain set in today so I parked it for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-12-2014, 02:58 PM
That looks like more fun that a barrel of monkeys. Find any points while you were out scraping around?

BKB

Niner
10-12-2014, 03:07 PM
That does look like a bunch of fun. I'd be willing to "help" him for free for a chance to play with them BIG toys.

Seriously though, you are a good neighbor for taking time out of your busy "retirement" schedule to help him out.

Arty
10-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Weren't you doing excavator work about this time last year??!!

Captain
10-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Barry I got on and off that loader a zillion times yesterday and today and picked up some broken Points. Have not found a complete one yet. I think Because the whole area was stumped by big excavators most are broken.
Niner my schedule is filling up FAST, deer hunting with friends November 1st through the 5th leaving for opening duck season at the duck club at Mattamuskeet on the 7th thru the 9th, then opening bear season in the eastern part of the state the 10th thru the 15th.
And I GOT to do at least one more Redfish trip in the next week or so, cause they gonna move out by November the first...
That is a big loader and is a hoss to run. I can do about 2 acres an hour depending the lay of the land.
Arty I ran a dozer for another friend of mine last year cutting roads and firebreaks around a tract of land. I've ran heavy equipment all my life and really enjoy it. But I don't want to do it full time anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner