PDA

View Full Version : Something I could not do.

jb
10-12-2014, 06:39 PM
#2 son just finished the 27 mile Chicago Marathon under 5 hours.
Now he's driving the family home for the next 5 hours.
He wanted to do this the year he turned 40, I have no idea what he wants to do next.

Buckrub
10-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I'd guess "turn 40".

:beerbust

Captain
10-12-2014, 06:59 PM
That is incredible. I cannot imagine doing that.
Hell I got winded just turning 40 without the run. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Skyz
10-12-2014, 07:49 PM
I got winded just reading about what he did. I am truly impressed.

BarryBobPosthole
10-12-2014, 08:03 PM
There must be something in that, that appeals to people. I have a couple of friends that have gotten into it in a big way. One guy I've worked with a long time started out riding bicycles with some folks and ended up going from that to marathons. This year he ran in one in Scotland and also ran in the Marine Corps run in DC last year. So he's spending some serious dough to to to places and do it.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-13-2014, 07:32 AM
I had a teacher in high school that really got into the running. He ended up doing both the New York and Boston marathons.

I've never been a runner. I tell everyone that's the reason I played football, you never have to run farther than 100 yards at a time.

LJ3
10-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Lucia's run the Marine Corps marathon like, 5 times I think. She also runs the Army 10 miler every year. Runners are weird. I ran the Army 10 miler once after I quit smoking, just to say I did and because I didn't THINK I could do it.

Like I said. Runners are weird. I ain't a runner. I've photographed marathons before. Stand at the last mile of a marathon course and count how many people look like they're having fun. I'll give you a hint. If you lost all your digits in a horrible accident, you could still do it.