PDA

View Full Version : I don't know which is better..........

Buckrub
10-12-2014, 11:57 PM
The Cards winning.............

Or doing it with the two guys that Posty said weren't very Toasty....

Well, yeah I do.

But.........to go much further with no Yadi and not much of a closer??? I dunno. But the Cardiac Cards are gonna put me in the grave, I know that.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 12:19 AM
Peirzinsky is a good replacement. I loo for him to catch Lackey since they have a lot of experience together.

BKB

LW
10-13-2014, 05:28 AM
You have to go with A.J.'s big game experience. Tony Cruz is good but just isnt a proven big game winner yet.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 08:37 AM
And Bucky......Matheny is saving him until we need him, but at some point we're gonna spring our secret weapon on 'em......Daniel Descalso!

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Man. I forgot him.

You may be right about Persnickety.....Hudson is pitching, so another lefty would be good. Poor Cruz is a fair hitter, but only when he plays a lot and stays sharp. Cards "owe" Cruz for all he's done. He's making just above minimum (as is Lynn), but he should get a decent contract to be permanent backup, I'd think. Lynn will be rich. Descalso makes $1.3M to put on a uniform every day for 1/2 of a year, and to shine enough to make you happy. Heck, I can do that for a lot less!

(These guys are gonna kill me...........)

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Descalso makes more than Lynn, Carpenter, Adams, Rosenthal, Manness, Wong, Neshek, and Miller.

Those six players, together, make 1/2 of what we're paying Justin Masterson, the amazingly wonderful pitcher who stunk up the joint, and who is at home.

Cogitate on that.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 11:10 AM
The Masterson thing was a gamble I think, a shot in the dark. The guy was an all star just a year ago and had a knee injury that blew his 2014 season up. Considering we traded a light hitting (career 251 at AA) Double A prospect you nor I had ever heard of since he got drafted in 2012 I'd say it was a pretty good shot. He didn't work out this year. Since he's a free agent next year, it'll be interesting to see if he goes to our spring training and tries to make the team or gets picked up by somebody over the winter. He has the potential to be another 14-15 game winner and as you always say, there ain't enough pitchers to go around.

BKB