PDA

View Full Version : PC BS-----Purple Penguins no less!

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 01:07 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/09/gender-inclusive-school-district-says-drop-boys-and-girls-call-kids-purple/

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 01:08 PM
I kind of figured you for a Todd Starnes fan.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Never heard of him.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 01:55 PM
He's the genius who wrote the article you posted. He writes most of the half truth filled crap on Fox News where good law abiding christians in America are being persecuted. Like the article he wrote about the kid in Maryland who got expelled for making his pop tart into the shape of the gun. Which he didn't, he got expelled for being a disruptive little punk ass. But Todd Starnes made it into something it wasn't. Wonder what ever happened to that kid's lawsuit?

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 02:55 PM
OK. I have no idea who he is.

I assume from this that you concur with the idea of calling kids Purple Penguins.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Absolutely not.

And the truth is often one click away.
BKB

http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/lincoln-schools-chief-district-not-replacing-terms-boys-girls-with/article_4c0c45c2-500a-11e4-be49-0017a43b2370.html

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 03:22 PM
OK, I thank you. That's why I like to have discussions. Often, I'm wrong.

Here, though, the fact seems to exist (according to your article) that some committee of teachers decided it'd be a good idea. The district says they have NOT adopted it. But someone thought of it. That is enough, in my feeble brain, to have SOME degree of concern.........lessened nonetheless by your link. Thanks.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Its not you that was wrong. It was the guy who took liberties with the truth that was wrong. The difference in that is important.

Somebody included that material in a proposal that was being considered. If that concerns you, then you have a right to be just like anyone else with an opinion on the subject.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Its not you that was wrong. It was the guy who took liberties with the truth that was wrong. The difference in that is important.

Somebody included that material in a proposal that was being considered. If that concerns you, then you have a right to be just like anyone else with an opinion on the subject.

BKB

THAT post caused me to go back and re-read the article in my original link, since you berated him so. Can you tell me where in the article he said anything untrue?

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Sure. The first friggin sentence. "The fine folks who run the school system in Lincoln, Neb., are on a campaign to make their classrooms gender-inclusive. And that means teachers will no longer refer to boys and girls … as boys and girls." That is simply not true. Its a bald faced lie and everything that follows, depends on this very simple statement being true. Read it again with the knowledge that it isn't and the article seems absurd.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Well, gee. Um..........

This says that Steve Joel is the Superintendent. I assume that equates to one who runs the school district.

And every word I read where he is quoted.......in his words.......certainly seem to me that HE is saying that he wants the classrooms gender-inclusive.....which is what the writer says that he said.

???

He messed up with "the fine folks" and such hyperbole. But that's how idiots write these days. I just ignore that.

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Re-read a third time.

"Purple Penguins" was not an actual suggestion. It was a metaphor for not using gender specific pronouns. Thus, to imply that was the jist of the District's policy is unfair. To that, I admit.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Okay, this is what your guy wrote:

"The fine folks who run the school system in Lincoln, Neb., are on a campaign to make their classrooms gender-inclusive. And that means teachers will no longer refer to boys and girls … as boys and girls."

And this is what the Omaha paper wrote.

"Lincoln Public Schools Superintendent Steve Joel said Thursday there’s “absolutely no truth” to news and blogger accounts that his district is mandating that teachers replace the terms boys and girls with gender-neutral terms."

If you can't see the difference in that, then I give up.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 03:55 PM
"mandating" is the key word.

No, they aren't doing that. That doesn't mean that "they" aren't "on a campaign" to do it, does it????

If you can't see THAT, then I give up.

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 04:05 PM
I give up first. enjoy life in your universe.

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 04:07 PM
And you yours.

LJ3
10-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Curmudgeons.

Since it's only us three today let's talk shit about someone....

Willy?

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 04:17 PM
^^^^^DUFUS^^^^^^

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Ain't nothin' there, 'cept he's a Liberal.

And.......I respect Posty's opinions and always try and see it from his side if I can. But if I can't, I can't. I can't just cave..........

I'm running out of stuff to talk about. Besides..........in 3 days, I have to put my Conservative Cap on the shelf and go to Deer Camp and argue incessantly with two Neo-Con haters of all humanity, and watch Fox News day and night. I'm trying to steel myself and hone up..............

BarryBobPosthole
10-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Where the hell is Willy anyway? Did he runnoft?

BKB

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 04:29 PM
We all run oft.

LJ3
10-13-2014, 04:30 PM
He Musta

He is the Yoda do our Dark Helmet.

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 04:31 PM
This site needs an automated email thingy that counts posts, and every registered guy who doesn't have one in a month, gets a 'Go To The Principal's Office, You Purple Penguin" email................

Egghead
10-13-2014, 05:39 PM
This site needs an automated email thingy that counts posts, and every registered guy who doesn't have one in a month, gets a 'Go To The Principal's Office, You Purple Penguin" email................

Hey!

(Does this count?)

Buckrub
10-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Barely. :wink