PDA

View Full Version : Cap, Niner, and others east of me.....

Big Muddy
10-14-2014, 09:52 AM
If this weather system makes it thru to ya'll, put on your hip boots....it's a wet mofo....we got 4 inches of the wet stuff in about 6 hours, yesterday....some places got 'naders and very strong straight-line winds, too....we were at the lakehouse, checking on things, and power poles were blown down, and an 18 wheeler blown over and blocked hwy. 82 in Lake Village.

On the positive flip side, it flooded up my three duck holes with free water....never thought I'd get excited about duck hunting....just too much squirrel, rabbit, coon, and deer hunting to do, during hunting season....but, now, I gots the itch to shoot them ducks!!! ;)

Niner
10-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Came through here early this morning/late last night. We lost power for several hours, but it came back on about 6:00am. Thank GOD for those electric company line workers who go out to fix the power lines in the middle of the worst kind of weather.

Still raining on and off, and supposed to be another bad band of rain coming later today according to the weather guessers.

I'm glad something came up, and I wasn't able to get that food plot seed in the ground this past weekend. All of the seeds prolly would have washed away.

Thumper
10-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Not sure it's the same front, but it's supposed to hit here tonight and pass through sometime tomorrow morning ... then perfect weather behind it.

Big Muddy
10-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Niner, you might be right about that seed planting....I thought I was hitting it just right, by planting 5 pounds of mustard and turnips on some of my low-land plots....however, after this much rain, some folks downstream from me about 5 miles, might be eating free mustard greens and turnips for the next year or so. ;)

LJ3
10-14-2014, 12:32 PM
It's coming through here tonight thru Thursday they said

HideHunter
10-14-2014, 04:18 PM
4 1/2" here, so far. That's going to gut a week right out of the guts of harvest. Fortunately we only have about 125 acres of beans left.. corn, we got a ways. Been several years since I picked corn in standing water. We can get a bunch out in a hurry if we get the weather - but looks like there may be some shutting down the combines to eat turkey dinner. ;)

Big Skyz
10-14-2014, 05:08 PM
You guys sure get some extreme rain down that'away. Don't get me wrong we can get some pretty serious frog chokers here as well, but not quite as extreme as what you guys get. I think we make up for it with blizzards in the winter though.

Captain
10-14-2014, 05:30 PM
It's raining this a bitch right now. Thankfully the wind is not too bad. But it is suppose to be coming later.

<CALayer: 0x16568980>

Niner
10-14-2014, 05:33 PM
BS, this was one Hell of a storm system. It extended from the Gulf of Mexico, almost to th Great Lakes.

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Came through here and rained on us for almost four days. Now its sunny and low 70s and about as purty a day as you could ask for. Other than I'd rather not be looking at it out the window and working.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-15-2014, 12:24 AM
We've just had our 2nd day of rain from this. Not sure of the total amount but there were several times that it was really coming down hard. Supposed to get another day at least of it before the system moves through.

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:15 AM
So when all the moisture from the Gulf Coast feeds all the rain that we get in the South, where does all the salt go that it leaves behind????

LJ3
10-15-2014, 09:19 AM
To your house and BBPs house with a little bit at Jimmy's. You're welcome.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:19 AM
It stays in the ocean. The salt doesn't evaporate and get sucked up in the atmosphere along with the water.

You're welcome.

BKB

Thumper
10-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Ditto to what P-hole said.

Salt doesn't "evaporate" with sea water dufus. We ain't talkin' about giant waterspouts here!

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Then why isn't the ocean, by now, just like the Dead Sea or Great Salt Lake?

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Because the rain returns to the ocean via rivers and such ya big dufus.

BKB

Thumper
10-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Rain drains into rivers ... rivers drain into oceans ... there are bazillions of rainstorms over oceans.

Are these serious questions or are you just being a dufus today?

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:25 AM
today?????????????????

Thumper
10-15-2014, 09:26 AM
Then why isn't the ocean, by now, just like the Dead Sea or Great Salt Lake?

Apples and oranges ... the Dead Sea and Great Salt Lake are land-locked.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:28 AM
No dummy. They were created by God during that seven days. ain't you got no learning? Its a mackerel!

Oops. make that MIRACLE.

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:33 AM
I have no learnin'.

Speaking of "those seven days"..............ever thought about this:

Every division of time that we measure can be done scientifically........except one.
A month is a cycle of the moon
A year is a cycle of the earth's revolution
A day is a cycle of earth's rotation
An hour is a mathematical division of a day
A minute, second, etc. are mathematical divisions

But a week? There's been a "week" in every culture's calendar on earth, since they were discovered. Every one.

Where did the idea of "week" come from?

LJ3
10-15-2014, 09:33 AM
Fox news is on their way to BBPs house as we speak.

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:34 AM
I wish they'd come to my house. I really, really do. I don't know their names, but have you seen the smart blondes they got? Wowzers.

Captain
10-15-2014, 09:40 AM
The oceans are landlocked too.... :-) where do you thing they go? They go till they hit land. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
10-15-2014, 09:44 AM
I have no learnin'.

Speaking of "those seven days"..............ever thought about this:

Every division of time that we measure can be done scientifically........except one.

A month is a cycle of the moon

But a week? There's been a "week" in every culture's calendar on earth, since they were discovered. Every one.

Where did the idea of "week" come from?

Easy ... a week marks every quarter moon! ;)

Thumper
10-15-2014, 09:45 AM
The oceans are landlocked too.... :-) where do you thing they go? They go till they hit land. ;)

Ummmm, I believe they're all connected ... except on N. Carolina Atlases I suppose. ;)

I guess you could say all land is "ocean-locked". :D

Captain
10-15-2014, 09:49 AM
The don't run out in space so they are all landlocked to this planet. Do I have to explain everything to ya'

Chicken Dinner
10-15-2014, 09:49 AM
It's gonna get a little sporty here shortly. This weather is basically running north/south with just a little drift to the east. So, it's gonna spend all day dropping that gulf moisture on us.

Thumper
10-15-2014, 09:53 AM
I hope you're not on a low-salt diet! ;)

Thumper
10-15-2014, 09:55 AM
The don't run out in space so they are all landlocked to this planet. Do I have to explain everything to ya'

Remind me to bitch slap yo' ass next time I see you! :D

Chicken Dinner
10-15-2014, 09:56 AM
I loves me some sea salt.