PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! So much for a good thing ...

Thumper
10-14-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm not much for the goofy "reality" shows on tv ... but I love American Pickers and watch Storage Wars regularly. But now it looks like my "quiet" little estate sales may be about to get bombarded. Dang it! I just received this in an email from one of the company's who run local estate sales around here. I could be the next reality show star! :D

LOOK FOR OUR NEW REALITY TV SHOW. THE ESTATE SALE STARS! WE WANT YOU TO BECOME PART OF OUR NEW TV SHOW AND BECOME A REGULAR OR A CARICATURE! HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. THANKS SILAS

Caricature??? WTF??? I'm not sure I understand that one. I KNOW what a caricature is ... or I "thought" I did ... which of these descriptions would fit me? :confused:

[kar-i-kuh-cher, -choo r] noun

1. a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of persons or things:
His caricature of the mayor in this morning's paper is the best he's ever drawn.

2. the art or process of producing such pictures, descriptions, etc.

3. any imitation or copy so distorted or inferior as to be ludicrous.

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2014, 10:24 AM
There can't be a copy of you ANYWHERE so I think its safe to say you ain't a caricature.

And unless it's an hour show, I doubt it'd be long enough for one of your stories.

BKB

Thumper
10-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I'd have to think there'd be a bit of editing involved. ;)

Big Muddy
10-14-2014, 10:30 AM
If they blur out your face on tv, just wear your cat on your shoulder, so we'll know it's you,. ;)

Just kiddin'....sounds like you're their man!!!

Thumper
10-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Ha! I'm not too excited about this sale and this company is actually from out of town, but they run a few local sales from time to time. I think I'll bow out ... no interest.

The sale this weekend is for a well-known local who recently passed. It's all classy stuff ... NOT the kind of stuff that interests me. I like dusty/rusty old junk that I get filthy/dirty digging through with the hopes of digging up some long-lost treasuer. This sale is more for the artsy-fartsy types. I'll be there just in case I can manage to stumble on something that interests me.

Here a blurb on the local lady who passed:

Lois Cowles Harrison , Philanthropist, Daughter of Gardner Cowels Jr. - Founder and publisher of LOOK Magazine. Dedicated supporter and collector of the arts. Instrumental in funding the Polk Museum Of Art, The Imperial Symphony and the Lois Cowel Harrison Center For The Visual And Performing Arts.

This only shows half the building. The contents of her actual house looks like an art museum.

http://pictures.estatesales.net/746712/16499207/1.jpg

http://pictures.estatesales.net/746712/16499206/1.jpg