PDA

View Full Version : And Bucky, your boy is at it again

BarryBobPosthole
10-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Todd Starnes is out front protecting the innocent!

Here's two interesting views of the same dumb act by the City of Houston. Dumb, however, isn't unconstitutional, its just dumb. But it's a lesson in how shit is slanted. Read both all the way through if you have the time and can stand it.

BKB

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/14/city-houston-demands-pastors-turn-over-sermons/

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/City-subpoenas-sermons-in-ERO-court-case-5822800.php

Thumper
10-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Well, I was interested and have a very good idea of how the opposing "slants" were most likely made obvious ... but after the first paragraph of the Chronicle article, I ran into this:

To continue reading this story, you will need to be a digital subscriber to HoustonChronicle.com.

Every time I fall for that crap, I end up with a bazilion extra junk e-mails added to my already elebenty-bazillion junk e-mails. Heck, I'm still getting e-mail from that charity thingy Bucky convinced me to sign up for many months ago with the promise I would not get bombarded by more junk e-mail! These wolves are as bad as the frigging NRA once they know how to contact you. Ya' gots a non-binding link?

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Dang, I'm no a subscriber and I read the whole damned story. Let me search for it and I'll get another if I can.
BKB

Captain
10-15-2014, 07:59 AM
I read the Fox News one. That's all I need ;)

Captain
10-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Posthole I got the same thing Thumper did trying to read the other.
Which means to me that the Fox News article is the best. :D

com.apple.Preferences/A//B

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure what's up with that site. It lets me read it. But the bottom line is, the subpoena was to pastors that ARE involved in a lawsuit against the city. The city is trying to show that the churches have actually been involved in political activities, not religious ones which actually is fine from a first amendment standpoint, but not kosher (pun intended) for a tax exempt one. Its a pretty good point I think. These 'churches' are engaged in 'get out the vote' campaigns against this ordinance. that pretty much makes them political organisms and not religious ones in my book.

But no, that's not the way it was portrayed by good old Fox. Its the boogey man out to persecute out churches.

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:11 AM
I seriously wonder how you walk sometimes........seems you'd always be falling down to one side.