PDA

View Full Version : Another IMPORTANT question..........

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Does Randy Choate have a picture of Matheny and a Goat??? I can think of no other reason that he gets to pitch in such situations.

Nonetheless, if Carpenter and Holliday don't start hitting, it won't matter.

And.........how 'bout them Royals???

Chicken Dinner
10-15-2014, 09:38 AM
I heard this morning that the Royals are 10-0 in their last 10 post season games. Of course, that goes back to 1985...

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:39 AM
And I no longer even like you a little bit.

Chicken Dinner
10-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Don't hate on me. I'm even more disillusioned than you right now...

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Yeah well. I did feel a twinge of sympathy right there at the end, for sure.

But I'll go to my grave with the name Don Dekinger on my mind, and hate in my heart.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:43 AM
I was wondering the same dang thing. Choate is almost always a one batter solution. Now, all the sudden we depend on him to pitch an entire inning? I think Matheny kind of outsmarted himself on that call.

Still, this is a damn closely played series. It kind of speaks to how close it is by the fact that the last two games have been decided by a bad pitch and a bad throw. And a case could be made that the game might have been decided by that damn freakish north wind!

We need to win the next two and go home and close the deal. Something tells me this one goes to seven. I'm just glad we have home field advantage.

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Yesterday, I was highly, and I mean HIGHLY optimistic. Going against two straight pitchers with losing records, one of them 74 years old, before we got to Baumgardner again. I could see us headed home with a 3-2 advantage.

Still might happen.............but the hard way. And again........Carpenter and Holliday MUST start hitting, especially since Yadi is toast, and Peralta isn't a 'carrier'. Can't keep relying on semi-rookies to lead us.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Bumgarner only does really well on the road. We have him at home.
Does that help?

BKB

Buckrub
10-15-2014, 09:48 AM
I sure hope so.

Big Muddy
10-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Don't know how you guys feel about the Royals, but I gotta root for them....one of their pitchers, Louis Coleman, and his family live up the road from me....his Dad, Hal, is my grandson's pitching coach....Louis isn't an ace pitcher, but he seems to get the job done, when called upon, in the middle to late innings.

BarryBobPosthole
10-15-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm pulling for the Royals but we have business to attend to in our own series before I can pay much attention.

BKB