PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

Arty
10-16-2014, 12:50 PM
I've been busy. But reading this daily. I see posty is still a liberall, Bucky still puts ketchup on his steak, John deeres look better with a half nekkid girl leaning against it, and that boiled peanuts are still the official snack food of good hunting.

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2014, 12:52 PM
And Len is remodeling his kitchen.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Sounds like the move to the Beach may be keeping you busy. When does all that go down?

Arty
10-16-2014, 06:23 PM
It's in progress now. This is my first week here. Been getting around to all 9 offices in 4 1/2 days has been fun (not)
All kinds of shit to fix, mainly people. Isn't that always the challenge.

Relo company is supposed to get me their assessment on the house tomorrow. Then we list it.

Plan is to find something to rent here in VAB starting January. Which means we would sign a lease in December. Which means we have less than 60 days to find the right school district/ area to rent in. Of course once we commit to a school district (there are 11 or 12 in city limits ) then we are committed to that same district when we buy in 12-18 months.
Traffic has not been what I expected. It's been BETTER. I was expecting the days like when I used to cross the OLD Woodrow Wilson bridge every day. NOTHING like that. Heavy. But it moves. So far. Only been 4 days, lol.

Wife and kids are excited to get down here. And that excites me more than anything.
I'm home tomorrow afternoon.
Next weekend they come here and we start eating and sleeping on the company's dime. So thatll be fun.

Niner
10-16-2014, 07:25 PM
No idea if they are still good or not, but there used to be a killer seafood outfit called Cap'n George's.
They had several locations. Two that I remember were in the "Hilltop" area, and the other one was way out in Pungo.
Of course, with the passage of time, Pungo might not be all that far outside of "the city" anymore.

They were a little pricey, but had a REALLY good seafood buffet.

Looks like they may not be in Pungo anymore....
http://www.captaingeorges.com/SetYourCourse.aspx?loc=3

Arty
10-16-2014, 07:26 PM
And Len is remodeling his kitchen.

BKB

And you and Sunny are on a diet.

BarryBobPosthole
10-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Arty, just don't forget to have fun with it. You don't get many chances to do what you're doing and it makes no sense to make it into a chore that you hate. Enjoy the ride and congrats on getting a new place and a new start somewhere cool.

BKB

Bwana
10-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Best of luck on the new chapter Arty.

Arty
10-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Thank ya thank ya posty and bwana.

Niner- pungo is still considered the country. Although it's not country like me or you would describe. But it IS still spread out.
That's the Kellum school district which is like top 5% or something in the United States. We are looking there. Not sure my pocket is deep enough. But it might be. Gotta look around for a deal.

I went to a captain George's a few years back, I think up in Williamsburg area... I think. May have been down here. All I know is it was good!

I have the Onley, VA office. Eastern shore, deserted type area. I got an oyster boner driving up there Tuesday morning. I looooove fresh oysters. My wife and boys do too. Smoked on the half shell over the fire pit with a shot of Frank's hot sauce. And there's a shack every 1/2 mile touting there fresh eastern shore oysters. Gonna pick me up a bushel VERY soon from up there.

Thumper
10-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Anybody who'd eat an oyster would eat a .... well ... ummm ... dang! I can't think of anything worse! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/being-sick.gif

LJ3
10-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Sounds like an exciting time Arty! I musta been wrapped up in my own stuff since I had no idear you where on the move. Git 'r done.

Maybe Egghead can throw some "local" advice your way. He's down there quite a bit.