PDA

View Full Version : We have a problem

Captain
10-19-2014, 07:07 PM
When a Newbie is trying to register or a current member forgets a password and needs it mailed to them, either process goes to a screen that suppose to have a image verification but the image does not show up. All you see is input error invalid Referer??? What ever that is. Kribbs is locked out and it will not let him re-register as a new person because his email is linked to a existing user. It tells him to click on the link for his password to be emailed to him. When he does the image verification fails to load so he cannot recover his password. I tried for him today and get the same error message. I also tried to register as a new user under a different email address and it again would not let me register because of the image verification error deal? What to do??? I assume no one can register.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Captain
10-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Just to make thing clear as Mud Thumper did not forget his password but he cannot login using it. So he was either gonna have what the site "says" is his password emailed to him OR RE-register but the image validation "image" does not show up so you (he) cannot do either....

Captain
10-19-2014, 07:43 PM
And since Thumper cannot login, or re-register and has no way of posting anything here I think we should all take this opportunity to talk stone cold chit about him. :D
Who's gonna start?

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2014, 07:57 PM
How'd he screw up his account inthe first place?

I don't have any powers so sorry but I can't help.

BKB

Captain
10-19-2014, 08:03 PM
How'd he screw up his account inthe first place? I don't have any powers so sorry but I can't help. BKB
We talking pUMpHEAD Barry.... ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Yep, i shoulda thought of that.
BKB

quercus alba
10-19-2014, 08:30 PM
I heard he's banned from half the Vietnamese restaurants in Florida and every KFC buffet on the east coast

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2014, 08:49 PM
I bet one of those gals with a adam's apple tried to hijack his account.

BLb

Captain
10-19-2014, 08:52 PM
That's probably part of the problem. He don't remember WHICH one of the "Adam Apple" girls name he's uses for his password.

LJ3
10-19-2014, 10:14 PM
Well hell... I tried to login to the admin functions but can't remember my own damn password to do it :) I have it "remember me" so I never have to deal with it.

Jimmy, do you have popups blocked or anything that would prevent your pc from showing the image?

Captain
10-20-2014, 04:38 AM
Len, thumper cannot get here to answer. I don't think he does. He has tried to log in from his PC, Phone, laptop etc and none of them will allow him to log in. I tried to register from my iMac, iPhone and iPad and the image validation would not show up on any of them. Thumper had some issue where he had to clear his history on his laptop because of an auto fill problem with an old address and from that point on he cannot get here on any device.

Captain
10-20-2014, 06:25 AM
Yea but I really don't think that is the issue. The old phones he had as well as the new phone will not login. It's something to do with his password that has brought to light the fact that the image validation "image" is not loading so new folks cannot register. And members that need to request their password cannot complete the form to receive it.

jb
10-20-2014, 08:42 AM
And why is this so bad :thumbsup
Lets wait a month or two and decide then if we need to help him.

Captain
10-20-2014, 08:57 AM
And why is this so bad :thumbsup Lets wait a month or two and decide then if we need to help him. And JB for the WIN!!! :-)

LJ3
10-20-2014, 09:30 AM
I just got in as admin and did the "send password to user" function. Hopefully he's not too feeble to figure out how to get back in. If he is, I say we wait till spring :)

Thumper
10-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Thanks Lenster ... Foo and you both sent a new password ... but they got crossed up and cancelled each other out. I guessw I'm back in now with the latest temp password. What a mess! I didn't forget my password, it just plain wouldn't work. WTF is the problem with our registration page? I'd try to put in a "forgot password" message but there was no image to identify, so it wouldn't let me go any farther. If I tried to re-register, it would say my email was already in use, etc etc etc. To try to simply register .. it would send me back to the "identify image" section ... but there IS no image. No wonder we never get any newbies and only lurkers!

To top that off ... Yahoo mail is down today, but luckily I can access my email with my iPhone. Sheeesh! Technology!

FooBang
10-20-2014, 10:06 AM
I'll take a look this evening. We'll see if we can't turn off that image verification thingy. It's BS anyway.

TestTester
10-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Testing new user. (Foo)

Weird-- I registered a new user, but it put me in a permanently banned state. Had to manually un-ban.