PDA

View Full Version : Posthole....

Captain
10-19-2014, 07:39 PM
You got us all excited about your fishing trip yesterday but we ain't heard anything about how it turned out.
I KNOW a picture is asking too much but can you tell us how y'all did?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2014, 08:06 PM
It was one of the prettiest days of this year and we got up at buttcrack thirty and drove down and got unloaded and on the water about 8:00. The water was the color of coffee and the fish were lockjawed. It was just one of those days. I caught one. Birddog caught some pine pollen and his sinuses swoll up like a marshmellow.

We finished up around 1:00 got the boat loaded, stopped at Wild Horse Mountain barbecue and had a sammie or three and was home about 4:30.

That's about all there is to it. It happens from time to time! As we say, a bad day fishing beats the hell out of a good day workin! I'm making another trip down this fall while everybody is deer hunting ifthe water clears up but you can bet I'm getting a first hand report on the lake next time! I shoulda known better this time!
BKB

Captain
10-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Been there and done that many times. But it's still a good day ain't it...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2014, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Me an old Birddog get a lot of shit done when we're sitting in the boat trying to fool those pea brained bass.

BKB

Captain
10-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Yep it's just impossible to worry and fish at the same time.

LJ3
10-19-2014, 10:15 PM
We call that "Puttin' in the time" It matters!