PDA

View Full Version : Does this just happen to me....

Captain
10-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Is there some unwritten rule I was not made aware of that states when a woman ask a question and does not get the answer she wants she just rephrases the question to try to get a different answer? Mrs Captain does this to me ALL the time and it drives me nuts! Example is this past Saturday on the way to the SC farm. She asked me "do you know John's wife's name? And I said no. Now at that point I'm pretty much done, question asked and answered. But Noooo. It's just getting started. She say "yes you do, you know John that works for my company in purchasing." And I reply yes I know John but don't know his wife's name. She replies "you know her they sat with us at the Christmas party last year. Short blonde girl" and I say yep I remember her but don't know her name. When she comes back with "you do too. Her dad was a bear hunter and y'all talked about hunting" I reply yep I remember the conversation but don't know her name. To which she says "well I still think you know who I'm talking about"
Finally I say Oh! John from purchasing at your office, HIS wife the little blonde gal, big Ta-Ta's, nice smile and pleasant laugh.... She say yea that's her. And I say I don't know her name.
Then she says you remember her boobs....... I just shake my head. Does this happen to everyone or just me?

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2014, 09:00 AM
She caught you lookin' down that woman's shirt and that's just a test to see if there's anything else you remember about her. Its a trap! Luckily you weren't smart enough to walk into it.

BKB

Captain
10-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Well I try to remember the really important stuff like, long blonde hair, nice smile,big boobs etc. But I don't waste my time with non-important stuff like names... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Skyz
10-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Laffin!

Chicken Dinner
10-20-2014, 09:19 AM
My wife knows better than to ask me to remember anybody's name. I'm lucky if I get my own kids names right over half the time. With my wife, my biggest challenge is to get her to just come right out and ask me do to something instead of dropping hints and waiting for me to volunteer.

LJ3
10-20-2014, 09:27 AM
Pretty sure her name was "Hello, Darlin'"

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Or "How YOU doin'?"

BKB

Fido
10-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Well at least ya'll remembered the important thing or things!!!!

Thumper
10-20-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm in CD's boat. I can't remember a name more than 30 seconds. It was a major curse when I was in sales. I'd have regular customers and would never be able to remember their name. Luckily, I would work around it by smiling as I scanned the VIN on their car and pulled the file before they had a chance to get out of their car. To make matters worse, I very ofthen don't remember faces. I can meet someone and the next day I'd swear I'd never seen them before! If I witnessed a crime, I'd frustrate the heck out of a police sketch artist. Half the time I wouldn't be able to even say if someone had a beard or wore glasses, etc. I hate it, but I've been like that all my life and it's really embarrassing at times.

Lynn, on the other hand, NEVER forgets a name OR face. She can meet someone and never run into them for another 5 years, then know who they are when she sees them again. To make matters worse (for me), she'll ask about their wife (by name) as well as the kids and many times their pets! I'd give anything for a 10th of her memory when it comes to recalling people she's met.

That's one reason I despise using monikers here. Through the years, I've learned who's who ... but only by moniker. I'll recognize real names, but have trouble relating the moniker to the real name. It's extremely embarrassing for me at times and I've been that way all my life. A definite hurdle in my business career. :(

Captain
10-20-2014, 10:22 AM
"It s extremely embarrassing for me at times"

You got a hell of a lot more to be embarrassed about other than that! ;)

Thumper
10-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Do you know where that tall stool is stored? You need to go get it! ;)

jb
10-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Me too, usually when I'm with my wife. The way I get around it is when I don't remember the name, I say "Have you met my wife?", they then say "Hi, I'm so &so" problem solved.

Thumper
10-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Me too, usually when I'm with my wife. The way I get around it is when I don't remember the name, I say "Have you met my wife?", they then say "Hi, I'm so &so" problem solved.

Unless you should know good and well they HAVE met your wife! ;)

DeputyDog
10-20-2014, 12:26 PM
I am horrible with names too. I remember faces, but have a hard time putting names to them.

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Larke, what's that saying?
A quiet man is a thinking man.
A quiet woman is pissed!

or something like that.

BKB

Buckrub
10-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Wife: Do you remember John's wife's name?

Me: John who?

Wife: Why are you talking about John?

Me: Probably Tuesday.

Wife: No, I don't have my appointment book with me.

We are so compatible.

LJ3
10-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Try having this affliction being a wedding photographer. It sucks!

quercus alba
10-20-2014, 08:00 PM
I have an excellent memory, i usually don't remember names because I don't care.

As for the other, Job 31:1 "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman." I know yawl think I'm lying but I only lust for Mrs QA

Thumper
10-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Sumpin' tells me Mrs. QA scans this site from time to time. ;)

Captain
10-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Move over Thumper. I'm gonna burn with ya' :D

Thumper
10-20-2014, 08:43 PM
I'll prolly be the kindling. :D

quercus alba
10-20-2014, 09:00 PM
The missus never looks here unless I show her a pic or something. Not judging you either, I'm just totally loyal to my wife and family. I appreciate a good looking woman as much as the next guy, I just don't confuse look and lust. As I said before, I'm somewhat of a conundrum