PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of comfort food.

LJ3
10-21-2014, 09:46 AM
I've been making myself breakfast lately that is two over easy eggs, two pieces of toast. While the eggs are cooking, tear the toast up on a bowl in small pieces. Slide the eggs on top and cut it all up with a knife and scarf it down fast before it all gets soggy.

And I also made chicken and dumplins last night too. I have 4 lunches now that cost about $1.50 each and they're GOOD.

Both of these are just like my Mama used to make me back when she gave two shits about cooking for her darlin' little boy :)

Thumper
10-21-2014, 09:53 AM
I still eat my eggs and toast that way many times! I believe I learned it from my dad. Over easy is the way to go as you need lots of runny yolk!

Chicken and dumplings is one of my all-time favorites. I do NOT care for the dumplings that look kinda like pasta (flat noodles), but like them the way my grandmothyer made them. Great big ol' blobs of Bisquick dropped in the broth to cook. Lynn can duplicate my grandmother's dumplings.

I'm with ya' all the way Ticboy!

BarryBobPosthole
10-21-2014, 09:55 AM
I have a little #5 cast iron 'egg skillet' that I use for exactly that same purpose.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2014, 10:09 AM
It must be the cold weather or something. I pulled together a chicken pot pie in my CI chicken fryer. It's just waiting to stick into the oven for tonight's dinner. I can't wait to walk into the house tonight and smell that bad boy wafting through the air.

BarryBobPosthole
10-21-2014, 10:16 AM
If a cast iron chicken fryer is wafting through the dad gum air you'd better duck and try not to be so late for dinner next time!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Ha! My Misses knows better than to put one of my cast iron pans in danger no matter how mad she may get at me.

Thumper
10-21-2014, 10:22 AM
I can't frigging believe I "sorta-kinda" contributed to a "kinda-sorta" cooking thread. :(

Buckrub
10-21-2014, 10:37 AM
I cook because I eat.

Thumper
10-21-2014, 01:29 PM
I eat because Lynn cooks. (that's the law!) ;)

Bwana
10-21-2014, 04:37 PM
I USED to eat two eggs and toast ALOT back when I was still in junior high and high school but that all came to a screeching halt the summer after I graduated when I became allergic to various foods. I have always been allergic to various pollens, grain dust and animals but never any food until that summer. I don't miss most of them, though I DO have to make sure they aren't included in the dish I am eating which isn't always an easy thing to do, but I REALLY miss two eggs, over easy with toast!!!

Captain
10-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Yall making me hungry....
I love some over easy eggs. Guess it's back to NC tonight so I can get momma to cook me some up!

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Ummm, chicken pot pie...