PDA

View Full Version : Update: my son

Bwana
10-23-2014, 02:20 PM
So far things are looking up as it relates to what turned out to be a staph infection. They took the portable would vac out yesterday and he is now left with an open would approximately 1.5-2" across and an inch or so deep. They are leaving the would open so it heals from the inside out. It has to be flushed and packed twice a week. The Dr. says it should close up in a month to 6 weeks.

As for the bigger concern, we have appointments scheduled at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for the second week in November to get the tumor in his femur looked at with hopes of getting some answers as to what it is for sure. At this point they all tell us it appears to be a benign tumor, hope they are correct. Until then we keep on hoping and praying but it sure is nice to be able to do it from our own home rather then in the hospital.

Chicken Dinner
10-23-2014, 02:56 PM
I know you all must want this all resolved right away. It does sound like things are encouraging. (And, tell him chicks dig scars...)

Thumper
10-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Chicks dig scars??? Dang! So that's why I have to constantly fight 'em off! ;)

Man-o-man, do I ever know about that ol' wound vac. I lived with one of those things for many months. I sure hope he heals up as planned. I'm STILL not healed and it's been almost 6 years! It's believed there's a circulation problem that keeps the blood supply low to that region, so I'm SURE it's nothing your boy will have to endure! Those young bucks heal faster than us old farts.

Best of luck on the biopsy!

Niner
10-23-2014, 03:54 PM
You've got my number if you need it.

Buckrub
10-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Considering my standing, it's hard to imagine my prayers are working. ....but boy...glad someone's are!

Captain
10-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Glad to hear there seems to be improvement. We will keep sending prayers your way.
Keep us posted.

Bwana
10-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Thanks to you all.

LJ3
10-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Everything, everything, everything gonna be all right this mornin'...
Oh yeahhhhhhhhh

Chicken Dinner
11-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Bwana - Any update on this? It's been on my mind lately.

Buckrub
11-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Can't get it off of mine.

Pray constantly. Best of luck.

Bwana
11-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Here is where things stand at this time: The wound in his upper thigh is healing nicely and if it continues to progress as it has been should be closed over in a couple of weeks. That is the easy part.

As for the cyst/tumor in his lower femur, we will be heading to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota on Sunday for 2 appointments on Monday the 10th. Don't know if we are only there for a day or for longer. Am guessing that depends on what they find and/or decide.

Until then, deer season opens tomorrow at noon so we will hunt Friday and Saturday then head to Minneapolis Sunday morning. In the mean time I will be praying and doing everything I can to thing about other things.

Thanks for the concern and especially for the prayers.

HideHunter
11-06-2014, 07:30 PM
More coming.. Whack 'em and Stack 'em. ;)

Thumper
11-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Pulling for you and the boy with all I've got to offer Bwana.

Captain
11-07-2014, 06:15 AM
I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster y'all are on.
Please keep us posted and we will continue to send prayers up for you all.

BarryBobPosthole
11-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Bwana, you and yours are at the top of my list right now buddy. Take care of 'em like I know you will.

BKB

Arty
11-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Still praying bwana ..

Chicken Dinner
11-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Tough stuff, but he'll be in good hands at the Mayo Clinic. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.