PDA

View Full Version : Boiled peanuts

Sunshine
10-23-2014, 07:26 PM
:)

Captain
10-23-2014, 07:30 PM
It is the official Snackfood of Goodhunting. Nothing better.

Thumper
10-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Is this a new revelation for you Sunny? Where have you been? You need to take off that tinfoil hat and get out more. :D

We ALWAYS have 'em on hand. If not fresh, we have 'em in the freezer and prolly about 10 cans of 'em for impromptu snacks.

During season around here, there's a roadside stand about every 500 feet!

Thumper
10-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Oh, Ok. When you said they're "supposed" to be the caviar of the south, I took that to mean you weren't sure. Yep, it's a definite ... no question there. Nuttin' finer! ;)

Thumper
10-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Heck, when Lynn and I take a little weekend trip, we'll throw a can or two in the car so when we kick back in the hotel room and settle in for the night, we just dump a can of 'em in a bowl, pop 'em in the 'ol microwave for a couple minutes and have at it. Who needs chips? ;)

Thumper
10-23-2014, 07:50 PM
I'll tell you what. Write ol' Santa Jim a Christmas wish list reminder in a couple'a months and maybe he'll throw a can onto the ol' USPS sleigh for ya' around Christmastime. :D

jb
10-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Many years ago while I was talking to the Captain on the phone he asked me if I liked Bowl Peanuts, I said ya I will eat peanuts out of a bowl why do you ask. Pause, no you dumb Yankee, I said Bowl Peanuts, pause, I said take the shit out of our mouth and say it slow this time, so he said Bowl Peanuts, B. O. I. L. E. D. we still laugh at that and can't tell you how many times I've told that story.
Anyway the next time we're at his place we drove over to the little town of Chesterfield SC and on a street corner was a vendor selling boiled peanuts, fresh from the pot.
Captain bought a couple of bags and started to inhale them, I gave a hand full to my wife and I took a hand full.
I can still see the look on Kays face when she bit into them, it was like one of my little grand kids when you feed them something they don't like, they will spit it right out, Kay sat there wondering if she should spit them out or swallow it then throw up. My reaction was just the same.
It's the worst tasting crap you'll ever put in your mouth, it's a soft mush, can only imagine what shit would taste like.

Thumper
10-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Now what would a Yankee know about good tasting food anydamnway? ;)

Thumper
10-23-2014, 08:01 PM
And it ain't "bowl" peanuts ... It's "bowled" peanuts! Pronounced B-O-L-D! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2014, 08:15 PM
JB, was that the boiled peanut shack there by the hardware store owned by the serial killer? We got a bag of 'em there too and damned if they were gone by the time we got back to the farm.

I got like TWO of them.

And caviar sucks. So they can't be the caviar of the south.
BKB

quercus alba
10-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Red eye gravy is the cavier of the south

Captain
10-23-2014, 08:56 PM
OMG Sunny! Really. Redeye gravy? You've NEVER had Redeye gravy!
How have you lived without Boiled Peanuts and Redeye gravy.

Basically you fry up a piece of salt cured country ham in a cast iron frying pan, and when you are done and removed the ham and pour some coffee in the pan and make gravy!

Captain
10-23-2014, 09:00 PM
JB, was that the boiled peanut shack there by the hardware store owned by the serial killer? We got a bag of 'em there too and damned if they were gone by the time we got back to the farm.

You got about two BAGS of them.
And the serial killer that owned the hardware store whet to prison and got shanked and was murdered there.
The hardware store burnt to the ground this past summer.

Thumper
10-23-2014, 09:01 PM
I think the last time Lynn had redeye gravy ... she was sittin' right next to Cappy at the breakfast table. :D

I think I had eggs, bacon, grits and toast. Or did I have biscuits and gravy? Dang ... can't 'member.

Captain
10-23-2014, 09:06 PM
I think the last time Lynn had redeye gravy ... she was sittin' right next to Cappy at the breakfast table. :D

I think I had eggs, bacon, grits and toast. Or did I have biscuits and gravy? Dang ... can't 'member.
You had BOTH
It was a toss up on which she liked better. The Redeye gravy or sitting next to me! :D

Thumper
10-23-2014, 09:09 PM
I think she prolly thought she was in heaven actually ... sittin' between bof'a us hansum dufes! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2014, 08:45 AM
You got about two BAGS of them.
And the serial killer that owned the hardware store whet to prison and got shanked and was murdered there.
The hardware store burnt to the ground this past summer.

Then there is some justice in this world. My favorite Carhart jacket is the one I bought from there when we stopped.

BKB

LJ3
10-24-2014, 09:29 AM
redeye gravy...

Damn, I'm stopping at the store for country ham on the way home.

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Redeye gravy is some awesome stuff. Especially with ham and eggs and homemade biscuits.

BKB

LJ3
10-24-2014, 09:33 AM
All you need is 5 gallons of water for the rest of the day.