PDA

View Full Version : A real good morning!

Thumper
10-23-2014, 08:17 PM
I went to an estate sale this morning and scored a few goodies. The home belonged to a little old 97 year old woman. She's been in a nursing home for the past 2 years and the house has been vacant the whole time. The family decided it was time to put the house on the market, so they mailed the keys to a local estate sale company here in town to go in and clean the place out. As soon as I walked in, I spotted a couple of Wagner cast iron pans in a kitchen cabinet. I snatched 'em up, quickly looked around, then headed for the bathroom where I found a couple of old "nasty" razors! Cool, I've been in the house 5 minutes and I'm scoring left and right!

I picked up a bunch of misc. "smalls" and called it a day. I walked out of there after paying my $9.50 tab. Ok, the Wagners are nothing to get super excited about, but should bring an easy $50 (I paid $3 each). The razors were a major score ... I paid 25 cents for one and 50 cents for the other ... together, they'll bring $125 - $150! Add in the "smalls" and I'll turn that $9.50 into a quick $250! I love this job! Errr, I mean, "hobby". :D

Gonna hit a different sale first thing in the morning, then around 10:00 am we'll be headed to the beach for the weekend (Daytona). I might even have time to do a bit of metal detecting on the beach and look for a pirate's treasure chest or sumpin'! :D