PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Cool Stuff

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Since Birddog has lockjaw, or lockfinger whichever I thought I'd do a little bragging on his son for him. His son, Jeremy was inducted into the Owasso Sports Hall of Fame a couple weeks ago. Jeremy was a swimmer at Owasso, which doesn't get near the publicity it should, and held several records at the district and state level at one time. I'm not sure which ones still stand. One record is probably the number of miles his Mom and Dad put on their vehicle going to swim meets all over the place when he was involved in it. and to give you an idea of the company he was in, Pete Kozma was also an inductee along with Jeremy this time. (Pete plays for the St Louis Cardinals)

So it was kind of a big deal!

Congrats, Keith!

BKB

LJ3
10-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Nice! I completely understand what it takes to achieve that! Keith & his boy should be right proud!

Sunshine
10-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Wow big congratulations.
Quite an accomplishment!!

Wonder how many miles they did put on their vehicles???

Nice to hear something good come out of all the time parents devote to their kids!

Way to go! :D

LJ3
10-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Swimming is in a calls of it's own, kinda. It's very common, hell, routine, to drive 500+ miles and sit on an aluminum bleacher seat for well over 6 hours to watch your kid do something for less than 30 seconds. I'm glad I did it but I'm REALLY glad I don't have to do it any more :)

Bwana
10-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Having a boy in swimming I have bit of an understanding on what a great accomplishment that is, a hearty congrats to the boy for such an accomplishment!!

Captain
10-26-2014, 10:58 AM
That is a great accomplishment! Congrats to Birddog and his whole family.