PDA

View Full Version : I'm really beginning to like this cast iron stuff.

Thumper
10-27-2014, 10:46 PM
I listed a Griswold frying pan I bought at an estate sale a couple weeks ago. It was a bit "crusty" and really needed a good cleaning. I listed it at $195 with a note saying I'd leave any cleaning up to the purchaser. I listed it late last night and tonight some dude asked if I'd take $175.00. What the heck? ... I let him have it and it'll hit the mail first thing in the morning. I think I'm slowly morphing from Razor King to Cast Iron King. :D

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2014, 07:34 AM
How old was it?

Captain
10-28-2014, 07:38 AM
How old was it?

Younger than Thumper. ;)

Buckrub
10-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Yes.
and older than baseball.

Thumper
10-28-2014, 11:37 AM
How old was it?

CD, it was that old hammered finish fry pan with the hinged lid. I think it was made in the 40's. It would have brought more if I'd cleaned it, but I sell my CI stuff in "as found" condition because I don't have the patience to clean them properly. I tried cleaning one a while back and seasoning it before selling, but it was such a PITA, I decided to leave that stuff up to the buyer. (I just oil 'em down a bit to keep them from rusting) I could have probably gotten a bit more on this one if I'd held out, but I have a shit-load of stuff to move so I opted for the 24-hour turn-around. I made a quick $125, so I'm happy. Plus it doesn't bog down my money flow if I move it quickly. It doesn't really show in the pics, but this one was a bit "crusty" ... especially inside the lid. I'd love to see it after being properly cleaned.

3830 3831