PDA

View Full Version : If or when you feel depressed ....

Thumper
10-28-2014, 11:58 PM
.... just click on this link. ;)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=263&iso=20170120T00&msg=Time%20left%20until%20Obama%20leaves%20office

Captain
10-29-2014, 07:07 AM
Stole it and put it up on Facebook

Thumper
10-29-2014, 07:42 AM
It backfired on me. I felt depressed, clicked on the link and felt even MORE depressed. (I didn't realize there was that much time left.) :crybaby

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
If who is in the white house or any other political position is what determines how depressed or happy you are, then you've got bigger issues to deal with.

BKB

Captain
10-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Posthole the Analyst.... I just shot a buck! So there. Not a big one but the Bastage was rubbing his horn on one of my chestnut trees I planted and I wanted him to stop before he killed it. So I stopped him? Fixin to go see what he is. I think a 5 or 6 pointer, but his tree rub in days are over.

Niner
10-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Was that from some of the Chinkopin(??)nuts I (finally) sent you?

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Captain, that gets me to wondering. What would you say is the 'witching hour' for deer, especially bucks? Of course I don't have near as many in my experience as you do, but I'd have to say that in my part of the country I've seen, or killed the most deer at around 7:30-8:30, than any other hour of the day. the second best time might surprise you, but I'd have to say that around noon to 1:00 is my second best time, when most guys are back at camp eating a baloney sammich.

BKB

Thumper
10-29-2014, 08:32 AM
P-hole ... I've killed a ton of nice bucks at those same times. If I don't catch 'em at first light on their way back to bed down for the day, I catch 'em at the noon hour. I NEVER leave my stand for lunch (take a lunch with me), but I believe when half the hunters in the area walk out to grab a bite to eat, they spook any deer in the area and they sometimes run by me out their way. I doubt it's the same for Cappy as there won't be other hunters around him ... I have never hunted anywhere but public hunting areas. Of course, dusk is a good time also as they start stirring around to get to their grazing areas in the evening.

DeputyDog
10-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Barry, I'd have to agree with you in my experience with the bucks here too.

Captain
10-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Not nearly as "small" as I thought. BIG body

Chicken Dinner
10-29-2014, 08:37 AM
Nice!

Buckrub
10-29-2014, 08:43 AM
If who is in the white house or any other political position is what determines how depressed or happy you are, then you've got bigger issues to deal with.

BKB

I sure do with it wasn't important at all.............

Thumper
10-29-2014, 08:45 AM

BKB

P-hole has gotten SO serious lately. Wazzup wit dat? ;)

Captain
10-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Ah, a screwed up horn. I knew something was not "right"

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2014, 08:50 AM
That thing is fat as a hog. You're guilty of contributing to deer obesity. I'm telling Michelle.

Thump, I've never killed a deer at dusk. Ever. and that's only about 30 years probably of deer hunting. I'd just as soon watch the football game as hunt in the evening. Which is odd, because I've seen a lot of deer at that time but not any shooters I guess.

BKB

Captain
10-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Lost service walking out.
I agree the middle of the day is a great time especially during the rut.
Morning is what I like the best....
Niner. I don't know if this was a regular Chestnut or one of the chinkape ones you sent?
But it was the last one he will mess up, if it lives I'll let you know.

Buckrub
10-29-2014, 08:52 AM
7:00 am
9:30 am
Dark

In that order.

Sometimes.

Buckrub
10-29-2014, 08:53 AM

His way of taking up for his BFF Barry O.

Thumper
10-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Nice fat deer. From the looks of that rack, he needed to be culled anyway. You may have done the herd a service.

Buckrub
10-29-2014, 08:54 AM
He might have made a deer!

Thumper
10-29-2014, 08:55 AM
7:00 am
9:30 am
Dark

In that order.

Sometimes.

You left out midnight (if'n ya' gots a good light)! :D

Buckrub
10-29-2014, 08:57 AM
Not midnight. But 10:00 pm is the absolute best!!! :waving

Our deer don't get up real early. They're lazy as we are.

Captain
10-29-2014, 08:59 AM
Now the work starts...
That was the 3rd buck I saw this morning (and two does) and he would still be walking if he had not stopped and screwed with my tree... I had looked at him and didn't want him... But did not scope him till he started acting up!

Captain
10-29-2014, 09:04 AM
I did the tree and the freezer a service. :-)

Thumper
10-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Remind me to NEVER mess around with one'a yer dang trees!

(But Cheryl ... that's a whole 'nuther story and I'll take my chances!) :D

Big Muddy
10-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Midnight is the perfect time....and, you can just leave 'em on the ground, and let 'em chill in the cold night air, until daylight....call bubba, and for a hindquarter, he'll drag it out and skin it out for ya....:fine:fine:fine

Captain
10-29-2014, 09:16 AM
He might have made a deer!
Jealous.

Captain
10-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Loading these big old deer by yourself is SO hard! :D

Captain
10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Just for you Bucky!

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Whachoo lookin at, Willis?

and why you got his legs......wait never mind, I don't wanna know.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-29-2014, 10:02 AM

According to his Doc and his Misses, it's cause he's fat and needs to lose weight. (According tonight theory, I'm about as serious as a heart attack,)

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2014, 10:08 AM
If you really want to know its because of the election year madness going on in the news. I don't know why but I'm a news hound. And the shit I read has really been bothering me lately.

We took my grandson to HalloZooween at our local zoo last night and I saw a bumper sticker that I have to find for my truck. It said 'Re-Elect Nobody'.

There ain't a nickels worth of common sense or honesty in any of 'em.

and that's why I'm pissed.

And yeah, I'm fat too. And I couldn't throw a pass to save my life.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-29-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm a huge newshound as well and had always followed national politics religiously. More and more, I just tune all of it out except for very local stuff. It seems like 30 years ago, the political pundits were at least intellectually honest. (Let's face it, neither party is right all the time.) Not any more though. It's like they all have a Monday morning meeting with the RNC and the DNC and off they go frothing up the masses who eat it up like pablum.

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2014, 11:14 AM
I was thinking about this late last night as I was going to sleep. Which is prolly why I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. IMO, the real definition of party leadership is a lot different that what the current party leadership thinks it is. My definition of political leadership is finding common ground with the other side where we can move our business forward. In other words its compromise without compromising ideals. It seems that today's definition is never give an inch and you only move forward when you have the political capital to move it, and then when you are in the minority use every ounce of your energy to create gridlock so you defend what you were able to get done. Its fine to have strong convictions about you feel things ought to be. But that means nothing if you put ideology ahead of everything else. that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, IMO.

BKB

Thumper
10-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Agreed. :encouragement:

Big Muddy
10-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Loading these big old deer by yourself is SO hard!

Cap, I swear, we get more kin, every day....I mounted a winch on my Ranger, just like that, to help load deer, and everything else, when I'm alone....only difference is I mounted my winch, using two quick-disconnect brackets, so that I can quickly and easily remove it, and hook it to the front bumper, if necessary....knowing you, you prolly bought one for both front and back. ;)

Thumper
10-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Don't know if you recall or not Cappy ... but we used to load the BIG gators that way in Tony's Chebby pick'em up. 'Cept we didn't have no fancy-schmancy tilt bed and just slid 'em up a big 2X10.

LJ3
10-29-2014, 03:07 PM
In case the rest of you were going to continue pretending you knew what this meant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablum)

BBP and Hank pretty much nailed how I feel about it these days as well. I just couldn't find the right words to make sense of it.

Honest to god it just embarrasses the hell out of me. All the politicians and how the whole country is behaving.

Captain
10-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Cap, I swear, we get more kin, every day....I mounted a winch on my Ranger, just like that, to help load deer, and everything else, when I'm alone....only difference is I mounted my winch, using two quick-disconnect brackets, so that I can quickly and easily remove it, and hook it to the front bumper, if necessary....knowing you, you prolly bought one for both front and back. ;)

Eddie, we more kin than you know.
I welded a Reese receiver (female) on the roll cage of the gator. Then took a male Reese receiver and welded a new plate to it to mount the wench.
Now all I got to do it pull the hitch pin and I can move the winch to the back bumper if I need to pull out backwards.
I have a wench mounted perminate on the front but also have a receiver up there and could use the 2nd wench there is need be.
I have a hydrolic lift on the bed and just being able to tilt the bed and pull that deer (or hog) up is VERY nice.
Thumper I do remember the hook up Gator had. It is as a good system.

Big Muddy
10-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Yep, Cap, all of it sure takes the work and strain off the ole back, when you're hunting or working alone....our gun season hasn't opened, yet, but I used my hyd./winch rig, yesterday morning to load up a big-bodied spike....my dogs got to chasing him and a doe around the backyard before daylight....he ran into the only utility power pole back there, and broke his neck....that's the third deer that has broke their neck on that same pole in two years....I didn't want to waste the meat, but was too busy to mess with the skinning job, so I just gave the entire deer to an old black gentleman who's wife recently died, and had worked about 20 years for me, until he retired.

Buckrub
10-29-2014, 07:13 PM
I was thinking about this late last night as I was going to sleep. Which is prolly why I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. IMO, the real definition of party leadership is a lot different that what the current party leadership thinks it is. My definition of political leadership is finding common ground with the other side where we can move our business forward. In other words its compromise without compromising ideals. It seems that today's definition is never give an inch and you only move forward when you have the political capital to move it, and then when you are in the minority use every ounce of your energy to create gridlock so you defend what you were able to get done. Its fine to have strong convictions about you feel things ought to be. But that means nothing if you put ideology ahead of everything else. that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, IMO.

BKB

Aw, Posty, I can't really disagree with the general concept of all that. It does sound good!

Here's my problem with it. I used to try and do that. But the Left has become so far out there, so far removed from anything I grew up with and almost all of the ways that I think used to work well in this country........that I can't find a single thing that I'm willing to compromise on. Use to be, the two sides would agree on what needed to be done, and then argue over the best way to fund it. Now??? Geez, man.......if you honestly think that they can compromise on such far-flung agendas, I'd be willing to hear what those might be.

Seriously.

If you can list a few things that YOU think I might could compromise on, I wish you'd do so. If I could, I would, I promise!! I just can't find one. I just simply can't say "Well, I think compromise is the only way to go to get things done"..... Cause I don't think that. I think this is a War, and there is a Winner and a Loser and that's that. I can't see it any other way.

I don't think there is any way to change this country via the ballot box. I just can't see how it could happen. Whomever wins, 1/2 of America is totally beserk ticked off! The only ways I can see to fix stuff is A) a Revolution or B) a Split.

Enlighten me on how else it could happen???? Specifics now, not just general ideology and sputum. I don't want to hear politician-speak of "Let's reach across the aisle-----etc." without telling me WHAT either side could possibly reach across the aisle about???

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2014, 07:34 PM
Well there actually have been several opportunities to pass bipartisan bills that were good ones. there was a tax reform bill that was sponsored by two senators a few years ago that was killed because of partisanism. The Farm Bill was actually a pretty good compromise bill. what were the two senators that created the bipartisan commission and it finally died in Congrress. That was a really good bill that should have been passed. There's too much unwillingness to compromise. Just google bipartisan bills and scan through them. This gridlock is ridiculous. I don't think it ideology as much as it is lobbying but that's just my opinion. I think they're afraid to piss off the deep pockets that got them elected. It takes so much these days to win an election they depend on the rich fuckers to get elected and then they're owned.
Not all bills that claim to be bipartisan actually are, but there are some and this congress could have gotten quite a bit accomplished if they'd have only been willing to do the right thing.

Its not overwhelming but it would have been progress.

BKB

Buckrub
10-29-2014, 07:41 PM
The Farm Bill would have been fine.......IF you agree with subsidizing farmers, and IF you agree that such a bill is where the SNAP program funding belongs. If not, then no.

Again........I cannot just blatantly disagree with your general philosophy. But I need specifics, before I'll admit 'compromise' is a good idea.

Arty
10-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Nice bodied deer!
Izzat hank jr's gun your holding?

Captain
10-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Yes it is...

LJ3
10-30-2014, 09:30 AM
This thread is confusing, even for OUR standards.

Big Skyz
10-30-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm not confused, I like Captains dead buck photos. :)

Thumper
10-30-2014, 12:51 PM
This thread is confusing, even for OUR standards.

We have standards??? :huh

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Guidelines might be a more appropriate description.

BKB

Thumper
10-30-2014, 01:39 PM
We have guidelines? :huh

Thumper
10-30-2014, 01:40 PM
:biggrin

Captain
10-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Well this is a hunting site, and we don't have a hunting forum like our well oiled fishing forum.
So I just post em' on whatever thread I'm on when I shoots em' ;)

Buckrub
10-30-2014, 05:13 PM
I have composite guidelines. But honestly, I never had any problems with the plain metal ones.....

Buckrub
10-30-2014, 05:34 PM
BTW, I'm still waiting on my valid list of specific items we could compromise on.......??

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm not giving you a list so you can sit there and pick stuff apart. A prime example is Simpson-Bowles.

As a side note, I saw Alan Simpson on CNN this morning and I wish we had 100 more like him in the Senate. We'd sure enough get shit done then.

BKB

Buckrub
11-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Fine.

And gee.......which side was it that appointed Simpson-Bowles, and then promptly ignored everything they said???

Which side is it that's stockpiled about a billion bills to "GET THINGS DONE" and won't send them to the President for signature or veto? Talk about stonewalling!!

And I still can't fathom what you are willing to compromise on. You can, or not, give me a list. But you brought it up, and it typical Liberal fashion, now say "Well, gee, if I actually answer his questions about MY argument, I'll lose this argument, so I'll ignore them and take the 'high road'". Liberals like to preach but not argue. They love to say there's another side to things, unless you're the other side.........then they ignore you.

I'm kinda in my ticked-off mood about politics right now, and maybe you're in the line of fire. Sorry if that's so. But I'm about eaten up with all the lies and b/s. I'm tired of the Left claiming that they never do anything wrong. I'm tired of them having such a wild, crazy, and WRONG agenda and then getting huffy when folks won't compromise (their word for capitulate) with them.

I'll give you a list, and you can pick it apart if you want to. But I'm sick of it all.

Here's some things I ain't ever gonna compromise on, and they are all solid tenets of the Left:

-Fervent wish that the entire concept of private gun ownership goes away
-Demand for all women to have abortions on demand
-Furtherance of the Nanny State, by looking to the Federal Government for a solution to every problem that arises
-Stonewalling bills that they don't agree with
-Disdain for business and private ownership, and a love for Government
-Failure to go get the oil that America has by failing to stick a needle in the ground wherever God put it.
-Elitism and hypocrisy.
-And lastly, two words. Miguel Estrada!

Buckrub
11-03-2014, 02:16 PM
*snort*

Here's how YOUR side views "compromise" (from MSN.com today):

Obama is not on any ballot, he acknowledges, but he begged supporters during his final blitz through states he won in 2008 and 2012 to grab their couch-potato cousins and disengaged friends and head to the polls Tuesday to block the GOP's "bad ideas" and "the wrong vision for the future."

Those accused of doing nothing, have sent dozens of bills on important issues to the Senate, but Obama's buddy plays blatant politics and won't even let them come to a vote. How one man gets such power, is beyond me. But to be labeled as the obstructionists, when bills on immigration reform, tax reform, energy policy, and many others are stonewalled, is just.................sickening.

Compromise, indeed!