PDA

View Full Version : Watch your charge cards!!

Sunshine
10-29-2014, 12:58 PM
:)

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up!
BKB

Big Muddy
10-29-2014, 02:18 PM
I try to watch mine pretty close....however, several years ago, I was charged for a charter fishing trip, down in St. Croix....wifey and I had been to St. Marteen about 3 weeks, previous to that, and we did charge a few things on my card....so, some island azzhole down there stole my card info., and decided to go fishing on the other island....I hope he caught the crabs. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up, Sunny.

Thumper
10-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Well, it looks like this thing may be spread out quite a bit. American Express just texted me and ... same story. Someone tried to use "my" card at a T/A ($12.00 for gas) in Georgia and also for $211.00 at an Office Depot in South Carolina. Problem is ... I have my card right here in my wallet and I've been here all day! AmEx cancelled the card and said they'd overnight a replacement ... same deal ... with a new expiration date. They also said the new card would have additional security features ... a computer chip and some sort of signature ID something or other.

They informed me I should keep a close eye on the charges on any other cards I might have because they don't know where or how much information these people may have. What a PITA ... I have most of my bills set up for automatic payment on that card, so all those merchants have to be notified and given the new card info. AmEx said they'd handle most of that and let me know everyone I need to contact personally and how to get hold of them.

All'o youse dufes may want to keep a close eye on your charges ... evidently there's "something" going around.