PDA

View Full Version : One floor above me

quercus alba
10-30-2014, 12:30 PM
is where all this went down. The thieving part anyway

Lafayette treasurer-collector Keesha Rose pleas guilty
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:20 pm | Updated: 2:42 am, Thu Oct 30, 2014.

Lafayette County Treasurer and Tax Collector Keesha Rose entered a plea of guilty on Wednesday to charges of theft concerning programs receiving federal funds.

(An earlier version of this article said that Rose was the county's former treasurer. She still holds the position).

U.S. District Court Judge Harry F. Barnes accepted the plea for Rose, 37, in court at Texarkana. Barnes will hand down her sentence at a later date.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, on May 31, 2013, the Arkansas Division of Legislative Audit reported that a comparison of cash receipts to cash bank deposits revealed that $162,275 was not deposited in the county's bank accounts by Rose for a period of January 1, 2011 through September 20, 2012.

The auditors noted numerous issues with accounting processes and recordkeeping that were consistent with the embezzlement of funds. In addition to the $162,275, auditors determined that for the time period between September 20, 2012 and November 7, 2013, an additional $81,618 in public funds was embezzled by Rose, bringing the total to $243,893.

On March 19, 2014, a federal grand jury issued an indictment against Rose charging her with two counts of theft of a program receiving federal funds in excess of at least $5,000.

Conner Eldridge, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas, said his office is committed to investigating and prosecuting public officials that abuse the trust placed.

“Such conduct offends taxpayers and citizens as well as the vast majority of public officials who are truly dedicated to their service,” Eldridge said.

"Criminal acts by our public officials, such as those committed by Ms. Rose, undermine the trust necessary in our democracy," said David T. Resch, Special Agent in Charge for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Little Rock, "We will continue working closely with the Arkansas State Police and the U.S. Attorney's office to investigate and prosecute such violations."

Rose was elected to her position in November 2010 and was responsible for collection and administration of all funds collected and disbursed on behalf of Lafayette County.

The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Arkansas State Police. Assistant U. S. Attorney Jonathan Ross is prosecuting the case for the United States.

Bwana
10-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Bet she isn't thinning she is so smart about now.

Big Muddy
10-30-2014, 01:20 PM
I'll make you a wager....she gets no more than 3 years suspended sentence....house arrest for 18 months....she will promise to pay back the money, but the county will never see a nickel....jmho.

Thumper
10-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Lafayette County Tax Collector and Treasurer Keesha Rose was not at work Friday.

Way to go Keesha!

http://ksla.images.worldnow.com/images/25227369_BG1.JPG

Sounds like it may run in the family. Here's an excerpt from a different article. (seems her hubby is the Sheriff!) ;)

... Keesha was in Little Rock trying to explain to lawmakers what happened to $162,000.00

Rose's husband...Lafayette County Sheriff Victor Rose...was also absent from work.

He too was answering questions in Little Rock...like why he charged a $292.00 pair of ostrich skin boots to the county. Sheriff Rose says it was because he ruined a pair of $400.00 boots while working an accident.

Good one Sheriff! (wink-wink)

I wonder if anyone should take a closer look at this?

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/magnoliareporter.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/b4/8b4de5e2-e8fb-11e1-9469-0019bb2963f4/502f326746aa0.image.jpg

Lafayette County sheriff wins state lottery contest for $60,584 pontoon boat package

Lafayette County Sheriff Victor Rose may now patrol Lake Erling in style. Rose entered the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery’s Aloha Pontoon Drawing and won a 2012 model Aloha Tropical Series 210 Family Pontoon Boat. The pontoon boats are manufactured in North Little Rock. Rose claimed his $60,584.03 Aloha Pontoon Boat Package with a visit Friday to the lottery’s Camden Claim Center.

I'd say sumpin's rotten in Denmark ... errrr, Lafayette County, Arkansas.

quercus alba
10-30-2014, 06:02 PM
I'd say you're right Jim. Fortunately, I'm just a lowly peon and not privy to all that goes on. I was interviewed by the state auditors when they first found the money missing.

first the state auditors investigated then the FBI was called in and investigated it.

I hate that it happened, I like both Keesha and Victor but, if you can't do the time...................

Captain
10-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Law Enforement Officers don't mix well in general population at prison.
Usually they have to be put in isolation or get shanked...

Thumper
10-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a mess.

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2014, 06:43 PM
I can't abide thieves. Just can't do it. Nor liars, which are just another kind of thief in my book. They steal your dignity.

BKB

Thumper
10-30-2014, 07:15 PM
..... Nor liars, which are just another kind of thief in my book ......BKB

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! And that coming from a fisherman! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Arty
10-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Thump.... He claims to fish... But there is little to no photographic evidence of said fishing

Captain
10-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! And that coming from a fisherman! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

You SURE about that?
I mean it's been a year or so since anyone has SEEN a picture of him with a fish... ;) just sayin'

Captain
10-30-2014, 07:28 PM
Brilliant minds think alike Arty.... We must have been posting at the same time.

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2014, 07:36 PM
then you can both bite me at the same time!

BKB

Captain
10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Posthole is one of them fisherman that buys all the finest equipment and then stays home polishing his rod! ;)

Thumper
10-30-2014, 08:15 PM
If he does fish, how does he get there in the first place? Surely he doesn't like have a new truck or anything does he? If so, the pics must be with his fish pics. ;)