PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

Captain
10-31-2014, 07:02 AM
As Yall know since we put this site up I've been using (and encouraging others to use) ForumRunner to view and post to the site.
A month or so ago it started doing weird stuff like adding odd language at the bottom of my post. No big problem and I figured the next update would clear up that issue.
A couple of weeks ago it totally locked up. Just a would black screen with a blue banner at the top that said ForumRunner. Restart phone, cut off app. Nothing would allow it to come up and work.
So I emailed the company. Did not hear anything for a few days and emailed them again.
This is the total email I got from them...
"Hello, I've reported the issue internally. All the best, Zachery Woods Support Team, vBulletin & Forum Runner"
So I let several more days go by and again hear nothing, so I emailed them back. This is the return email?
"No, I am sorry but we're unable to offer any further help on the issue. All the best, Zachery Woods
Support Team, vBulletin & Forum Runner"

Further help??? WTF? That would suggest that they offered SOME help?
Seems to me folks just don't care anymore. An App they make and sell and all I get is its broke and we can't fix it? What kinda company is this v-Bulletin anyway?

Thumper
10-31-2014, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I noticed all the weird gobblety-gook at the bottom of your posts. It seems they many times said different things, but I didn't pay much attention to it and simply ignored it. I've never been able to post here from my phone for some reason. It never recognizes my password. It didn't really bother me before because with the small screen on my phone, I hated trying to post anyway and would wait until I got to my laptop. Now that I have the iPhone 6 Plus, i wouldn't mind as much, just haven't played with it yet. I was wondering if I needed to download that ForumRunner first ... just haven't messed with it yet. Thanks for the heads-up ... maybe I should wait.

Captain
10-31-2014, 07:22 AM
I'm posting now just through my Sarfi browser on my iPhone 5. And it looks like that is my only option, as the Dufes at ForumRunner are obviously no help.
I REALLY liked using the app but if it is not supported why mess with it.
I plan on removing it from my phone when I resync my home next time.

LJ3
10-31-2014, 08:56 AM
I would recommend deleting it from your iphone and reinstalling it. sometimes apps just get gummed up and if you didn't coat it with seafaom before installing.... well.... you kinda brought this crap on yourfineself.

Chicken Dinner
10-31-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't think I've had any issues and posted this response through Forumrunner as a test. Didn't this start about the same time you upgraded to ios8?

Big Muddy
10-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Shame on you Lenster....show some awe and respect, and always capitalize, when using that sacred word, SEAFOAM....and, next time, spell it correctly, too. ;););)

Captain
10-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Yep CD that's when it started.
I'll give that a try LJ, gonna head in shortly to a real computer and I'll hook up and see what happens.
My point is they didn't even offer ANY type of suggestion at all. Didn't ask what device I was using, if I had upgraded anything. The only two replies I got were "we forwarded it on" and "no there is no help"

And they never mentioned Seafoam! I mean what kinda support folks are running that place! :D

Bwana
10-31-2014, 09:32 AM
At Cappy's suggestion I downloaded and started using Forumrunner too. It has worked great for me up until last week when it started doing the same thing for me as it did for Cappy. I THINK it is back up and working again but will give it a try in a bit to make sure.

Cappy, maybe you shouldn't have dropped your phone in those bowled peanuts.

LJ3
10-31-2014, 10:01 AM
Apple also released ios 8.1. 8.0, like most major upgrades, broke a bunch of crap.

Eddie, Sorry about my misspelling and disrespect for SEAFOAM!

Bwana
10-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Works for me but haven't updated to the newest operating system yet.

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2014, 04:21 PM
I haven't updated my work smartphone to the new OS either. Figured I'd wait until I had a few hours to futz around with it.

BKB