PDA

View Full Version : Yeti Hopper

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Looked these up when I first saw an ad for one on TV. Looks like it'd be perfect for a canoe or a 4 wheeler. But $300 smackers perfect? Any of you rich folks got one yet?

BKB

Thumper
10-31-2014, 11:57 PM
No link for those of us too lazy to Google it? Is that the fancy cooler someone was talking about a while back?

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Its a soft side version of theor cooler that they just came out with.

BKB

http://yeticoolers.com/hopper/

Thumper
11-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Oh ok, yeah I remember someone was talking about those here at one time. They're cool (no pun intended), but look like a rich man's toy to me.

Thumper
11-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Nope, I just checked your link. I'm mistaken ... the one I was referring to was one I think Cappy posted ... seems it had a built in blender, stereo, massage table and a French maid ... or sumpin' like that.

LW
11-01-2014, 06:57 AM
You will see those on the sidelines of youth soccer games every where surrounded by yuppies needing to keep their kids gatorade and celery sticks cool for an amazing two hours.

Big Muddy
11-01-2014, 09:25 AM
I've not popped for a Yeti, but have several large soft-sided coolers of good quality....ya'll prolly already know this, but their insulation properties are great for keeping things warm, as well....I despise eating anything on a cold bun or roll....at family or group outings, when cooking burgers, dogs, or anything that goes on a warm bun, I warm the buns up on the grill or oven, then drop them into the soft-side cooler....they'll stay warm and moist for hours....wifey uses one to carry warm casseroles, cooked vegetables, cornbread, rolls, pies, etc.. to our church suppers.

Thumper
11-01-2014, 09:37 AM
I have a bazillion soft-sided coolers here. Lynn worked for a food broker for many years and every line she represented would give her a couple of coolers for transporting samples to potential buyers. Then she'd receive a bazillion of them at any food show or convention she attended. I could prolly open my own "soft-sided" cooler store and work out'ta my garage. We use the heck out'ta them and even keep a few in her car trunk for transporting refrigerated or frozen groceries from the supermarket to the house after grocery shopping.

Big Muddy
11-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Yep, Thump....they are especially handy to keep ice cream from melting before you get home with it.

Trav
11-02-2014, 10:25 PM
I got one on the way, I will bring it by your house posthole let you have a look. I got buddy that gets me a deal or I wouldn't pay $299 for one.

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2014, 10:38 PM
For what I'd use a cooler for, the soft side one is a lot more practical.

BKB

Captain
11-03-2014, 06:18 AM
We use the heck out'ta them and even keep a few in her car trunk for transporting refrigerated or frozen groceries from the supermarket to the house after grocery shopping.

Like you know something about grocery shopping.

Thumper
11-03-2014, 07:15 AM
I said we keep them in HER car ... not mine! My expertise is grocery EATING ... not shopping! ;)