PDA

View Full Version : Toast to all you dufes...

Captain
11-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Thinking about you all...

HideHunter
11-03-2014, 09:29 PM
^^^^^ like.. ;)

LJ3
11-03-2014, 09:32 PM
That's just not Christian... at ALL!

Enjoy it boys. I wanna hear some of the stories. Who was the designated vodka slayer? did you even HAVE one? Oh for the love of all that is holy :)

LJ3
11-03-2014, 09:34 PM
And hello, I can see the kids reflection in the window. I've called child protective services... they said something about "yeah yeah, we know where Larke lives." not sure what's up widdat?

Buckrub
11-03-2014, 09:41 PM
I missed seein' myself in that pitcher!

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2014, 09:49 PM
I just noticed everybody is toasting with a jug!

That's some tall toasting there boys.

BKB

LJ3
11-03-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm sure they pulled out their little bitchass dentist size dixie cups right after the picture :)

Arty
11-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Hank drinks that apple pie straight from the jug. That is some gooood stuff.
We bout all out of wilderberry. :)

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2014, 10:13 PM
that wilderberry is some excellent stuff. I think we can all thank Larke's Dad for coming up with that one. My favorite though is the original cherry juice. Like honeydew vine water.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Don't even bother trying the apple pie. Nasty stuff.

Niner
11-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Dixie CUPS.......more like Dixie STRAWS! Ya never seed sucha thing.

Thumper
11-04-2014, 08:37 AM
You know, a few years back I reached the point I felt like I've killed everything I've ever wanted to kill and every season I simply started repeating myself, but it was just "built in" ... season would come around and I'd start all over again. Then health and financial problems put an abrupt halt to my hunting. The surprising part? I didn't miss it and deep down inside, I think a part of me was grateful I had a viable REASON to quit hunting. That said, the photo above reminds me of what I DO miss most about no longer taking those trips to the woods. I realize I really do miss those evenings just sitting around camp talking about what we did that day, what we plan to do the next day ... or better yet, just sitting around telling lies and b/s'ing. Kinda like here at G/H ... but "live and in color".

Great pic guys ... and knowing Larke personally, probably longer than anyone else here, I know for a fact, one would be VERY hard pressed to come up with a better host. Congrats to all.

Captain
11-04-2014, 08:43 AM
If we do it again next year Thumper you need to come on up. We could use a good Camp Granny to wash dishes and cook!

Arty
11-04-2014, 09:09 AM
If we do it again next year Thumper you need to come on up. We could use a good Camp Granny to wash dishes and cook!

Thump - I think he just called you "the camp bitch"

Niner
11-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I have been friends with Cap'n for a long, long time. Just met Artie and CD, but it's as though we've known each other for years. Just two more examples of the fine people who populate this site.

CD and Artie are raising some fine lads. Well mannered, well behaved GOOD young men. And it doesn't take long to discover their heads are full of brains. They have renewed my faith in the youth of America.

Both of these young lads made outstanding one-shot kills with their 243 rifles. A testament to the time their Dads have spent with them in preparation for the hunt. Artie's lad's deer was at least 100 yards away!!

All in all, an excellent time was had by everyone.....including this old curmudgeon.

Thumper
11-04-2014, 09:25 AM
I got's yer camp bitch hangin'!! ;)

Larke, you of all people, should know you do NOT want ME to do the cooking. I'm lucky if I can pour myself a bowl of cereal and have it come out edible. Now EATING ... that's a whole 'nuther story! ;)

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Bill, we have known each other for years. It's just that we never met in person. Over the years. I feel like I've been through thick and thin with you dufes. If any if you ever get a chance to meet up with Larke, Bill or Jamey, jump at the chance. They're good people.

I can't tell you how pleased I am to have been able to share Matt's first deer with you guys.

Captain
11-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Y'all gonna ruin my reputation as a 1st class asshole! :-)

Thumper
11-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Is "1st class" and "biggest" the same thing? ;)

jb
11-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Spent many a night sitting around that table, with my son and other times with my wife.
Deer hunting, rabbit camp. or just a day fishing it's about as nice a place to spend some time as you can find.
Haven't been there in a few years, something always seems to come up on our trip down south and then back again. Usually weather.
Miss the little guy and his hospitality, must make a point to stop by again and say "hay"
Glad you boys had fun, and your kids will remember that the rest of their lives.
Captain's good stuff.

Bwana
11-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Color me jealous. Would love to visit Cappy's place and doing so with a group of GH that I have yet to meet in person would be even better. Guess I have met 50% of those in attendance even if only for a short time.

Buckrub
11-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Musta lost my number..........

By the way guys, there's a really neat picture on the wall, sorta right behind where Niner is........I assume y'all saw that??? If not, I took a picture of it. Let me know if you need it. :biggrin

Arty
11-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Color me jealous. Would love to visit Cappy's place and doing so with a group of GH that I have yet to meet in person would be even better. Guess I have met 50% of those in attendance even if only for a short time.

The CHANCE meeting we had at Walt Disney world was a one in a bazillion chance. I told that story around the table the other night.

Bwana
11-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Yeah Arty, the odds of that happening was astronomical. Hell, I had a hard enough trying to meet people when I KNEW when and where they were supposed to be at that place, let alone a chance encounter. Too funny.

Thumper
11-04-2014, 04:38 PM
And I'm 30 mins from there ... what am I? Chopped liver? ;)

Buckrub
11-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Y'all gonna ruin my reputation as a 1st class asshole! :-)

Taint maybe..........but probably not totally ruin.

:wink

LJ3
11-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Bucky said Cap'n is a taint.

Thumper
11-04-2014, 05:06 PM
He's tainted!

Captain
11-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Y'all bite me!