PDA

View Full Version : Hey Posthole

Captain
11-05-2014, 09:10 AM
About a year or so ago me and you heated up the board a bit about the Republicans shutting down the government.
You told me they were cutting their own throats and would take a beating in the midterm elections. I said Bullshit!
What say you now?
Take Care, Captain

LW
11-05-2014, 09:19 AM
So how bout those yankees.....

Thumper
11-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Shit-disturber! ;)

Captain
11-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Shit-disturber! ;)

Not this time. I agreed with what was going on and Posty said Republicans were shooting theirselves in the foot and killing their chances in the midterm elections.
I said Bullshit what they are doing is right and it will show in the midterms.
Just wondering what his thoughts were now.
If it had been up to me they would have kept it shut down!

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I think the American people have spoken is what I think. The best thing that could happen is for the folks that just got elected or re-elected to succeed beyond our wildest dreams. I sure hope that happens. But unfortunately I don't have much hope that it will. Not with the same people at the wheel. I look for more congressional investigations like the stupid Benghazi one going on now that is a thin political sham. I look for more of the same gridlock to happen that we have now with filibustering and posturing. and that's a damn shame.

But its pretty damn cool that we live in a country where we go through this process in a peaceful way and elect our leaders. Like a lot of folks, I wish that it didn't take so much money to get elected because you what I think about that......wehre there's money there's assholes. But maybe some day they'll fix that part of it. In the meantime we live in the best and free-est country in the whole damn world and I am glad of it!

BKB

Thumper
11-05-2014, 09:36 AM
I just hope they don't get cocky and over-confident. It's time to gear up for the Presidential election, so I hope they don't blow it. The biggest problem will be coming up with a decent candidate to make a serious run. They haven't done the best job of that lately.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 09:38 AM
And Larke I still think shutting the damn country down because you don't get your way about how to spend money is about the stupidest goddamned way to run something that I've ever heard of.

BKB

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Then why is Harry Reid doing it?

Captain
11-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Posthole I'm with you on all that. But not my question.
I never EVER once during this midterm campaign hear ANY noise about the government shutdown, did you?
I agreed with the shutdown then And still do now. It was the right thing to do in the situation and the liberal side screaming that Republicans were killing their midterm election chances was just a scar tactic to try to end the shutdown.
I said then voters have short memories and it would not make a hoot in a holler difference in the midterms.
Drastic times call for drastic measures and with the idiots, Obummer, Reid and Pelosi killing America from the inside out I was proud of the stand the Republicans took.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 09:47 AM
I didn't say I agreed with him doing it either Bucky. We have enough obstructionists to go around. Are you saying that now that this election is over, that suddenly its going to stop?

BKB

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Yes

Come January 20, the Senate Majority Leader will no longer obstruct bills sent to the Senate by the House and will vote on them in the Senate. If passed, they will go to the President. If vetoed, they will return to the originating chamber to see if they can override such veto.

That's the removal of obstruction.

P.S.
The Government never shut down, and you have blamed the Republicans 100%.........you never said "there's enough obstruction to go around on both parties". I'm sorry, but your blame was squarely on the Republicans, and I'm just showing you that is not valid. It is the Democrats that are Obstructionists. Thus, blaming the Republicans is hypocritical.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Then you'll wait a long time because I ain't arguing with you about this again. There's no solving it so there no reason to discuss it with you.

BKB

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 09:53 AM
I realize that fact.

It is what every Liberal friend I have does. I think all y'all went to the same Tactics of Arguin' school.

Captain
11-05-2014, 11:44 AM
And Larke I still think shutting the damn country down because you don't get your way about how to spend money is about the stupidest goddamned way to run something that I've ever heard of. BKB

Me too.
Thankfully that had nothing to do with why it was shut down.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Well, now that the GOP has both houses of congress we can see how they do. I hope they succeed I really do. Cause if they do, we do. This gridlock shit for the sake of political ideology might be what you like but it ain't what I like.

BKB

LJ3
11-05-2014, 11:56 AM
I wish these midterms would change something but they won't. Honestly I'm feeling something I never have before and that's remorse about the Libertarian vote I cast for the Virginia Senate. Last prediction I saw was dem 50% Rep 48% and Libertarian 2%. If the Dem fuck wins, my vote helped him do so and that ain't what I was going for at all.

When it's all said and done, I have little hope that any politician will live the words "Now let's go to Washington and do what we were elected to do." It's horse apples.

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 12:00 PM
What are they elected to do?

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 12:04 PM
BTW, an excerpt from a liberal website's assessment of Obama's current situation:

In a hyperactive, deeply polarized time in history, Mr. Obama now faces a daunting challenge in reasserting his relevance in a capital that will soon enough shift its attention to the battle to succeed him. If the hope-and-change phase of his presidency is long over, he wants at least to produce a period of progress and consolidation to complete his time in the White House.

He will kick off that effort on Wednesday when aides expect him to hold a news conference seeking bipartisan accommodation on issues of mutual interest, and he plans to host Republicans at the White House on Friday. At the same time, aides said, Mr. Obama is eager to throw off the constraints of a campaign that he did not direct and begin to defend his record in a more robust way again.

“He’s going to be aggressive. He’s ready to go,” said another senior official, who like others did not want to be identified discussing plans before the election results were tabulated. “We’ve got a lot of important stuff to get done in the lame duck. He’ll talk about that tomorrow. We’ve got a lot of important stuff to get done in the last two years. He’s anxious to get going on that.”

To Republicans, it sounded as if Mr. Obama was hardly chastened or heeding the message of the election, evidently more anxious to find excuses than to rethink the way he has governed. Absent a change in attitude from the president and a genuine outreach on issues that matter to them, Republicans said, the next two years could simply usher in even more political squabbling.

“There’s a huge opportunity to get things done if his frame of mind is in the right place, and it’s not clear it is,” said Sara Taylor Fagen, who was President George W. Bush’s political director when he lost Congress in 2006. “He’s never shown an interest or willingness to work with members of Congress. Talk to Democrats — they don’t feel he ever made an effort to court them. It’s not clear he’ll make an effort to court Republicans.”

It is that elitism that I have disliked about him from day 1. So adamantly wrong.....

LJ3
11-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure I care any longer.

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Too bad. Hope we are not all like that.

I do.

Captain
11-05-2014, 12:28 PM
This gridlock shit for the sake of political ideology might be what you like but it ain't what I like. BKB

Come on Posthole, this ain't Bucky you talking to. I've never said I liked the gridlock. So don't paint me with that brush and then try to make it look like I'm off the deep end. In fact I hated the shutdown, but it was what was necessary at the time. And I believed it was the right thing to do. It is what we elected the folks to do.
You hammering on me then about how the Republicans were ruining their chances at the midterm elections is all this post was about not to rehash if it was right or wrong.
I said then voters have short memories and they would support the shutdown in the midterm. I think my prediction is (and came) true. Because if the results of this election is what you see as a loss for Republicans I'll take this kinda loss every time.
My original and only question still remains unanswered:
Do you still think the government shutdown hurt the Republicans?

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Well gee. Thanks a lot there.

I'm outta this one.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Yes your prediction came true. Republican voters are a bunch of numbnuts who can't remember shit. If you want Ted Cruz to run your party, you got what you wanted.
You happy now?

BKB

LJ3
11-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Posthole ain't very good at sayin' he was wrong. Should we have that added to the list Julie and his doctor came up with? :)

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 12:51 PM
^^^^It ain't one of my stronger suites.

BKB

Captain
11-05-2014, 12:51 PM
You happy now? BKB

Yes

Take Care, Numbnuts :)

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 12:52 PM
You just have more practice at it than I do Larke!

BKB

Captain
11-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Proud to have you as a friend!
You keep me mentally sharp!
:D

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Hmmmm.

Well, um..........

ok then.

apparently just telling him that you ain't me is enough to get in good graces with him.

I have wondered....

LJ3
11-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Here ya go!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WkqgDoo_eZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Hmmmm.

Well, um..........

ok then.

apparently just telling him that you ain't me is enough to get in good graces with him.

I have wondered....

WTH are you talking about?

BKB

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Well dufe........you didn't like answering me, but when Cappy said "Hey I ain't Bucky", you answered him. I figure he is sure happy that he ain't like me, and you like him not bein' like me.

So, I'll try and temper my conversations with y'all to such things as I know about, like baseball or hunting. Or maybe just baseball.

Other than that, I wasn't trying to intervene in his questions to you.......and shoulda stayed out. It was a good question.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 02:31 PM
You missed the whole point. what I ain't gonna argue with you OR him about is who the feet draggers are or whether its the right or wrong this to do. We've killed that horse dead and all the beating in the world ain't gonna change that.

what I DID respond to was Larke and I had an argument over what the midterm effect would be for those dipwads who shut down the whole thing. He was right, I was wrong. At least on the surface. It apparanetly didn't make any difference. although, if you look at the elections the Democrats (IMO) really failed because they didn't offer up any really valid alternative candidates. Not really. They ran a bunch of crackpots. And a crackpot against an incumbent crackpot is going to lose nine out of ten times.

So, I admitted I was wrong about that. In a roundabout sort of way.

BKB

LJ3
11-05-2014, 02:32 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WkqgDoo_eZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Oh ok.

Well, he still seemed mighty proud he wasn't me. Not that I blame him about that.........

quercus alba
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure I care any longer.

Actually I'm very sure I don't. Politics have become the lowest profession on earth

Captain
11-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Bucky what has your panties in a wad???
A few replies above my comment Posthole said to YOU...
"Then you'll wait a long time because I ain't arguing with you about this again. There's no solving it so there no reason to discuss it with you. "

All I was saying is I ain't Bucky and wanted a answer to my question.
If you took that to mean something different I publicly apologize.
And on a side note you posted some good banter to this thread.
There Thats as touchy-feelie as it gets.

LJ3
11-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I'm gonna hug you so hard you shit yourself. Hank said it's pretty easy to do.

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Well dang.

I can't say outloud what has 'em bunched. But today they got bunched. Y'all suffered.

Call it PMS.

I gotta go meet a guy two towns over and do a drug deal tonight. I'll try and be back here later or tomorrow.

LJ3
11-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Don't eat anyones face off

Captain
11-05-2014, 05:54 PM
I'm gonna hug you so hard you shit yourself. Hank said it's pretty easy to do.

Hank musta been thinking about Grant....

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Well, I did the drug deal. And I rented a Panty-UnWadder for a while. Can't say it did miracles but it helped some. Not quite so squeezed now.

Niner
11-06-2014, 09:26 AM
If you want Ted Cruz to run your party, you got what you wanted.
You happy now?

BKB

As a matter of fact......yes I am. For the last few years, he's the only Republican that seems to be willing to stand up to the Democrat steamroller. Maybe you have a good idea there BBP.

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Well best of luck with that guy.

PS I heard a rumor that he was a Canadian and not an American. Might wanna check his birth certificate.

BKB

Thumper
11-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Typical politician actually ... he says, whatever the particular crowd he's talking to, wants to hear.

HideHunter
11-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I think the American people have spoken is what I think. The best thing that could happen is for the folks that just got elected or re-elected to succeed beyond our wildest dreams. I sure hope that happens. But unfortunately I don't have much hope that it will. Not with the same people at the wheel.

BKB

Very much how I feel. I have about 0 faith in anyone "up there". For once in only a very few times I voted straight ticket. Wife and I don't discuss politics too much (I hate them and she really just doesn't care) but she asked if I thought the rout would change things? I told her my hope was that it would just stop the bleeding. I don't have much faith in that either. If you liked him as a president - you'll love him as a lame duck.

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2014, 10:35 AM
True dat. If past history is any indicator, these types of election results don't really mean much change is in store. I personally did what I said I was going to do and did not vote for a single incumbent. I took a 'throw the bums out' approach. apparently the rest of America thinks the current Congress is just fine judging from the election results. I'm not going to get my panties in a wad about it. I don't agree with it, but America has spoken. And by the way, I don't think the people who disagree with me politically are idiots either. there's a huge amount of ugliness in political discussions these days. I'm not going to be a part of it any more.

BKB

Thumper
11-06-2014, 11:24 AM
It doesn't take a political discussion anydamnway ... you've ALWAYS been ugly! :D

Captain
11-06-2014, 01:10 PM
And by the way, I don't think the people who disagree with me politically are idiots either. there's a huge amount of ugliness in political discussions these days. I'm not going to be a part of it any more. BKB

From what you posted earlier...
"Republican voters are a bunch of numbnuts who can't remember shit."

It sounds like you are trying hard to turn over a new leaf! :D

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Hey, numbnuts. You weren't supposed to catch that!

And I was being ironicle! And yeah that ain't a word.

BKB

Captain
11-06-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm a noticer you know!
😜