PDA

View Full Version : Rearing children

Arty
11-05-2014, 09:10 AM
I thought this was funny

Captain
11-05-2014, 09:12 AM
I might just have to put that on FaceBook!

Chicken Dinner
11-05-2014, 10:02 AM
That right there is funny. But, then again, here's a picture I took this weekend of a couple of great kids and big-hearted dufe I know.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 10:09 AM
When Julie and I first got together, we were at her house in a little cul de sac in a neighborhood here in Owasso one Sunday afternoon and her neighbor knocked on the door and asked me if I'd help him skin a deer he'd just killed. It was his first deer and he was pretty excited about it. So I hung it up on the basketball goal in the driveway and skinned it and quartered it up into a cooler and then took it in the house and processed it. You'd have thought I'd hung a human up out there from the reaction from the soccer moms in that cul de sac. Hell, I thought I lived in Oklahoma. They were rounding kids up and herding them inside.

That little fucker never gave me a bite of that little doe and I packaged that thing up real nice and cooled the meat down real good and everything. He didn't invite me in when I delivered it to his door either. I think his wife might've been appalled or something.

Some people, I swear.

BKB

Niner
11-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Now THERE'S a picture for the Trophy Room!
Complete with a story of the hunt.

Thumper
11-05-2014, 10:18 AM
At least in CD's pic, they're hangin' right side up .... which is kinda-sorta upside down! :D

Chicken Dinner
11-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Here's another one with another one of the nicest fellas I've ever shared a deer camp with,

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Hanging those deer ass end up is teaching them some mighty bad habits, Larke.

BKB

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 10:34 AM
No, it's the RIGHT way to do it, dumbass.

:)

Here's another hanging story. Friend of mine at camp........years ago......lived in suburbs in North Little Rock, AR. They had a big Christmas party planned. Of course Joe (named not changed to not protect the guilty) HAD to go hunting that morning. And of course, he shot every deer he saw until he ran out of bullets. So he killed three that morning. Realizing he's very late to this party, at his own house, he gathers them up and runs home. Running out of time, he hangs them up in the trees in his FRONT YARD (they were gutted already).

One of his friends, who is about to attend the party in an hour or so, drives by Joe's house on the way to go get ready. He sees all the deer. He goes home, and makes a BIG sign and puts it in Joe's yard. Sign says:

AND DON'T BE BRINGING THAT NOISY SLEIGH AROUND HERE, EITHER!!

LJ3
11-05-2014, 10:35 AM
I killed a nice buck with my bow one year and had it hanging in the garage. I come back from running errands and it had been decorated with Christmas lights and garland by my girls :)

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 10:43 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2014, 10:49 AM
If we'd had nice gambrels and a nice place to skin deer in camp then I'd have probably grown up hanging them by their rear legs. As it was, probably fully 80% of the deer I've partook in skinning were hung from a tree limb and only stayed hanging until the carcass cooled down and then got quartered and stuck in a cooler full of ice in about ten minutes so it really didn't matter all that much. Most of the time there wasn't much to latch onto with a rope if you hung them head down. they also skinned easier if you ask me but that's a matter of opinion.

BKB

Big Skyz
11-05-2014, 11:22 AM
That first photo is a winner! The other photos just make me hurt all over inside wishing I could have shared in the company of that hunt. I've personally met Niner and Captain. They are two of my favorite people on the planet!

Captain
11-05-2014, 11:41 AM
I don't know Sky there was a WHOLE lot of Redskin fan-age stuff being talked around here this past weekend. It might would have made you go postal.... 💀