PDA

View Full Version : Ummmm, details people ... DETAILS!

Thumper
11-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I normally keep about 70 listings running on eBay at all times. Some items sell, some listings end with no sale and either get relisted, or some, I let sit unlisted for a while and run something different. I'll eventually list the unsold item again ... I may edit the description or title just to tweak the ad a bit ... or I may even lower the price to generate more interest.

I just received this email today:

I have been traveling and unable to bid on this item. I see the auction ended; Did it sell? If not, am I still able to purchase? Also, is this in working condition?
Thank you

Ok, I haven't the slightest clue as to what item he's inquiring about. How would I? :huh

Buckrub
11-05-2014, 10:30 AM
My reply:

Get a smartphone to keep in touch as you travel.

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Advisor

LJ3
11-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Doesn't the email include a link to the itme in questions? Seems to me there could be a dufus at bofe ends of the transaction :)

Thumper
11-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Normally there would be. You'd go to the item and click on "contact seller". He can check my sold and unsold items list to find it. Evidently, he simply went to my profile and used the "contact member" link there as there is no reference what-so-ever.

Hombre
11-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Reply - "The item has not sold but the price has doubled. Can you please tell me which item you are referring to?

Captain
11-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Reply - "The item has not sold but the price has doubled. Can you please tell me which item you are referring to?

Like!