PDA

View Full Version : New Car Technology is amazing

LJ3
11-06-2014, 11:25 AM
So I'm sitting at a light the night before last with my 16 year old daughter. On our way to Chipotle for our date night. We're first in line at the intersection.

two teenage girls in a little Nissan sentra start making a left, a minivan hauling ass trying to beat the yellow plows in to her head on. Both of these vehicles were DEMOLISHED, completely totaled. Both vehicles were pushed completely out of the huge intersection and the van continued and plowed head on to the traffic light pole, about 2 feet in diameter.

I tell Casey to call 911, give her the intersection info and jumped out to help. Both teenage girls were scared, in shock, but otherwise fine. The moron in the minivan was also fine, as was his small child in the back seat. That thing had airbags all over the freaking place.

All 4 people got up and walked away from it. To see the cars you would swear everyone went to the hospital, if not died on impact. Cars sure are safer than they used to be.

Chicken Dinner
11-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Too bad idiots aren't any safer...

LJ3
11-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Testify. I don't know how cops and bambalance personnel do it. I felt like grabbing the back of that morons head and just slamming it repeatedly in to the steering wheel. BTW, he did NOT beat the yellow and I saw it all and told the police the same thing. I even pointed to the traffic light and asked Casey "what color is that light?" she said "red" I said, "remember that answer" :)

They said I should expect to be summoned as a witness and I'll be happy to do it.