PDA

View Full Version : NOT a good day ....

Thumper
11-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Lynn has a colonoscopy scheduled for first thing in the morning, so today has been REALLY rough ... I've actually had to fix my own meals!!

(luckily there were plenty of left-overs to pop in the microwave) ;)

LJ3
11-10-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm sorry that you have to suffer the tortures of the damned.

Thumper
11-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Well, she got a clean bill of health ... no issues. I told her it just proves that she's a "perfect asshole". (The comment was NOT appreciated ... wimmins have no sense of humor!) :D

Home now ... she's gonna change clothes and we're gonna hit the Golden Corral for breakfast. We found if we get there around 10:30, we can pay breakfast prices and by time we get a plate of bacon/eggs down, the lunch stuff comes out (11:00) and we can have a "discounted" lunch! :D

She's a "little bit" on the hungry side this morning! ;)

DeputyDog
11-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Add that to the senior citizen/early bird specials, and you probably eat cheap most of the time. ;)

Buckrub
11-10-2014, 05:49 PM
You eat there? Seriously?

Thumper
11-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Yep, and it seems I remember it being a regular stop of yours too on the way to New Mexico. As far as I'm concerned, their fried chicken is hard to beat ... and I'm in "all-you-can-eat heaven" when there! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2014, 05:58 PM
The Golden Corral here, when it was open, had a kitchen full of ex cons that looked like something out of Shawshank Redemption. Not that I got anything against anyone whose paid their debt to society, but I'd just as soon they don't touch my food thank ye.

BKB

Thumper
11-10-2014, 06:02 PM
We have two in town ... one on the north end and one on the south end. The one on the south end of town absolutely sucks! The one on the north end is excellent. They're like night and day so there's obviously been a long-term management problem at the south end store. We give it a try for lunch every couple of years (closer to Lynn's work), but it never seems to improve. Luckily, we live on the north side so we frequent the place quite often.

Oh yeah, and they give a free dinner to vets for Veteran's Day every year. :D

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2014, 06:08 PM
That's like Popeye's here. There's one in 'north Tulsa' (which yeah. means 'across the tracks') that is absolutely awesome, clean, and has awesome fresh food. There's one here in yuppieland Owasso that is dirty, run by teenagers who could give a fuck, and the food tastes like it has been out on the counter for an hour, which most of the time it has.

BKB

Thumper
11-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Fine examples of how bad management can run a big investment right into the ground. I have no clue who else to blame it on other than management. Not sure if either are managed by the franchise owner or not.