PDA

View Full Version : Doe scent?????

Fido
11-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Have any of youse tried the Doe in Estorous Scent when the rut is on? According tooo the experts the peak rutting activity here in southeast Ohio is right now till the 15th.

DeputyDog
11-10-2014, 09:42 AM
I've used various brands of it over the years and still do. I've had bucks respond to it and even walk right up the to scent tabs that I've put on a tree branch. I few years ago, I was in my stand and the wind shifted so that it wasn't in my favor. I had a buck come out into the field in front of me and he heading away from me at a good clip. Out of desperation, I pulled the bottle of doe in heat out of my pocket and gave it a squeeze shooting some of it out into the air in front of me. Just a short time later, that buck stopped dead in his tracks, raised his head, and started heading towards me. He ended up coming up just out of shotgun range before he decided to turn back around and continue on into the woods.

Chicken Dinner
11-10-2014, 10:17 AM
One of the biggest deer I've ever shot was sniffing some Tinks #69 I'd put out. I've also had deer come right up my trail when I was dragging a scent rag. Most of the time, I haven't noticed a difference.

LJ3
11-10-2014, 10:41 AM
I used to use it ALL the time. I had to work one time. Big ole buck came up to me with his nose on my drag line like it was glued to it. I've also seen it spook lead does which blows hunting for at least half a day. Most of the time I'd see them smell it, and go on with their bidness.

Buckrub
11-10-2014, 05:51 PM
We just hire a young Mexican girl to walk around and pee on the ground.

Doesn't seem overly effective so far.

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Doe scent? Those are the guys that walk around at the zoo right?

BKB

Thumper
11-10-2014, 05:58 PM
I've used it and haven't used it ... never could tell the difference really. I will say it gave me a tad more confidence when I did use it ... I figured it sure couldn't hurt and simply assumed it would be a positive. I have no clue if it actually does anything or not.

quercus alba
11-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I've probably used a gallon of Tinks #69 on drag rags, scent dispensers, cotton balls, on my boots....every way you can apply it short of bathing in it. I've used Hot Doe, Code Blue, Golden Estrous, Pete Rickards Indian buck lure as well as several others and never had A SINGLE deer attracted to it as far as I know. I've even drained the bladder of a doe I killed and used it, nada. I've hung up a tarsal gland and made several young bucks turned around and sprint in the other direction. If it works for you, more power to you. I won't waste a nickle on any of it.

Thumper
11-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Can you say "snake oil" boys and girls?

My guess is ... Tinks has made "somebody" very wealthy over the years. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Tink so?

BKB

LJ3
11-10-2014, 08:45 PM
sum tink wong

Thumper
11-10-2014, 08:54 PM
All I know is, that stuff really really tinks! PEEEE EWWWW!

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2014, 09:15 PM
None of you alleged noticers even got my docent joke. It was pretty damned clever too!

BKB

Buckrub
11-10-2014, 09:41 PM
I did.

Thumper
11-11-2014, 12:52 AM
None of you alleged noticers even got my docent joke. It was pretty damned clever too!

BKB

Gots ta' admit ... I had to Google it.