PDA

View Full Version : BBP, I have questions

LJ3
11-10-2014, 10:55 AM
When do you officially get kicked to the curb?

What will you do immediately after that? Start fishing during the week?

If you've been working from home as long as you have, will anyone notice you're gone?

Has their been an uproar from the masses about your departure?

What are you getting me for Christmas?

How are you feeling about everything now that it's had a little time to sink in?

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2014, 11:38 AM
When do you officially get kicked to the curb? My off payroll date is Dec 19th so that's puts me through to the end of the year. My boss has been reassigned and the whole place I worked re-orged so I'm not sure if they want me to work or not. I suppose I'll find out today. I mean, they're paying me so I'm willing to work.

What will you do immediately after that? Start fishing during the week? I got 8 months of severance and full bonus coming for this year plus quite a bit of vacation carryover. From a pay standpoint, I'm prolly good for 2015 if I want to be. Verizon treated me well, and while I might not agree with their values about some things, I certainly won't complain about how they've treated me. We all break even every payday is an old saying a boss told me long ago. That works for times like this I suppose. I'm gonna hunt a little this month, fish a little this month and next, get through the holidays and then worry about it.

If you've been working from home as long as you have, will anyone notice you're gone? Hahahaha...I doubt it.

Has their been an uproar from the masses about your departure? Not an uproar but I posted it on Facebook because I knew the word would be out there so I just wanted my friends to know. The responses I got were really cool and made me feel like I accomplished what I set out to in my career. Heard from people I haven't seen in many years too. It was humbling and pretty cool.

What are you getting me for Christmas? Its too big to deliver and illegal in both our states. You'll have to come out here to get it.

How are you feeling about everything now that it's had a little time to sink in? I feel pretty good actually. Julie and I have not had our big sit-down talk yet but we spent a quiet weekend, just the two of us here at home, and chatted about it. she's worried obviously like anyone would be about whether its 'too early to retire'. We both have this fear of outliving our resources. and we don't want to live on pork and beans either. So we have some planning to do. We have a bunch of dough in equity in our house and we talked a bit aobut selling it and rebulilding. I still don't want to rebuild somewhere else, live in the same town, pay close to the same bills, etc. To me the move ain't worth it and this is my home. So there's emotional and financial decisions to make. We don't have to make them now thanks to a very liberal severance package. I figure I have to make it a year on my own hook and then I'm 62. 61 is taken care of with severance pay. So in a year, I get social security, a little pension I have from a company I worked for, and all the sudden stuff looks a hell of a lot easier. I also have a $100K 'contingency fund' that I have built up over the past several years as part of my 'anti-lay off' plan. I always told folks who worked for me to save up six months pay in savings and don't touch it just in case this happens to you. that's what this fund is. Its more than six months pay and I'd rather keep it as a safety net but it's there, its not part of my retirement plan, and if worse comes to worse, we can tap that. Like the old saying my old NCOIC used to tell me."Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance', and if you don't you get 'Rounded in the Rosy Rectum With The Rigid Rod of Reality'. I feel pretty good about it. When my wife does, we'll both exhale and commence on with our lives.

BKB

Hombre
11-10-2014, 06:12 PM
I think your wife probably just isn't verbalizing it well. She isn't worried about the money, she's worried about having to spend that much more time with you...that is terrifying...you need to quickly convince her that you won't be around pestering her all the time and things will be fine.

Buckrub
11-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Just tell her you voted Republican and she'll find somewhere else to be.

Captain
11-10-2014, 06:56 PM
she's worried about having to spend that much more time with you.

I can see where that could be a very real concern... 😬

quercus alba
11-10-2014, 07:02 PM
he ought to have plenty of time to post some of those pics he's got backlogged

Thumper
11-10-2014, 07:08 PM
There's only ONE way she'd be able to spend THAT much time with P-hole.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/73977000/jpg/_73977910_gasmask_thinkstock.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Hey, I'm pretty good company if I do say so myself. I talked to my boss about my transition plan to unload my work today and it looks like I might have some fishing time opening up here real soon. Of course, after the dad gum bomb cyclone hits.

Wonder if they have marketing openings in the weather business? I could come up with much better names for weather stuff besides polar vortexes and bomb cyclones. I'd call a warm, smelly front a Kribbsinator.

BKB

LJ3
11-13-2014, 12:44 PM
WAIT!

You just lost your free travel to Ashburn once or twice a year. This is bullshit!

Dangit, I fucking cussed again.