PDA

View Full Version : OKC

Gunther
11-12-2014, 06:27 PM
What's there besides bars? Good Barbeque? Air Museums? Maybe have to see the bomb site. Shooting from the hip here.

Thumper
11-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Who's Gunther??

BarryBobPosthole
11-12-2014, 06:54 PM
There's a Hooters down at Bricktown. That's where stuff is there, mainly downtown. Go spend some time at the Memorial and be sure to be there at sundown. There's two airports named after guys who got killed in airplane crashes. You don't see that every day. There's a Cowboy Hall of Fame museum you ought go see. Its pretty danged Oklahoma awesome.

BKB

Bwana
11-12-2014, 10:30 PM
Make sure to take in the memorial.

Gunther
11-18-2014, 12:47 PM
What I learned in OKC.

They have drive through barbeque, which is something that should be around here so that part is civilized.

When it gets to 50 degrees folks dress up like Eskimos. I was walking around with a t shirt and enjoying the compliments on my manliness.

The memorial is cool.

Bricktown is fun to walk around in but somewhat easy to get lost in since obviously Okies gots no sense of direction.

Pearl's Crabhouse in Bricktown has the best Shrimp Diablo I have ever had, went there twice, second time was less spicy but still good. Most places get it hot and have no flavor, this was friggin' awesome.

H&H shop is pretty neat, overpriced but RCBS bullet moulds were 1/2 price, which is really 2/3's but I picked up some sizing dies, a .44 250 KT and a .45 230 CM which I is gonna use in the ACP.

The Zoo, Cowboy museum, 45th infantry museum are only closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day. And I guess November 16th. Felt like I was at Wallyworld, Sorry sir the Zoo is closed. When I asked why the guard said because of the weather. It was like 25 degrees with a gentle zephyr out of the north at about 25 mph. "People can get hurt in this weather." Yeah, well people can get hurt in any weather, they're frackin' stooooopid! I guess pretty much everything got closed.

Whataburger is pretty damn good too.

Like any really big town the addressing, one ways and stuff sucks without gps and there are no friggin' paper maps in phone books anymore, in fact there are no phone books.

People either have a lot of southern drawl or none.

Thumper
11-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Been to OKC many times ... I think you summed it up pretty well. ;)

We had a What-A-Burger here but it closed up due to lack of business. Go figure.

NOTHING will ever touch In-N-Out in California though ... best burger joint on the planet! They're a "west coast" thing basically, but I believe there are some in Texas now.

http://orangecountyemploymentattorneyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/in-n-out-burger-Signpost.jpeg

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Well, glad you had a good visit. Too bad about the Cowboy museum and the 45th. Those wheatbelly welfare republicans out there in Oklahoma County have to have the government to tell them when it's okay to go outside. They've become 'civilized'.

A Whataburger just opened here in my town. Pretty good wad of meat, bun, and cheese.

And yeah, folks here are kind of mixed up. We don't know if we're southern, midwestern, western, or what. We're just us. But we're more us than anybody else I know.

BKB

Gunther
11-18-2014, 08:51 PM
For some reason part of this didn't post. Sunday it snowed and Okie drivers don't handle snow and ice very well. But neither do people in Fargo. We took off north at 16:00 or so and the first hour was sucky but by the time we hit Guthrie it was all good. Big towns still ain't my cup o' tea but I tolerate them a whole lot better than I used too. Downtown was ripped up blocks at a time. I do miss the Yellow Pages. I know there's that interweb thingie but I got's a regleeur phone and am curmudgeonly enough I like paper. I was gonna rock and roll at H&H in their indoor 100 yard range but I hate paperwork.