PDA

View Full Version : Hey Barry Bob ...

Thumper
11-12-2014, 06:31 PM
.... I picked up this 1940's FLIT bug sprayer at an estate sale last weekend for a dollar. It's small, only between 9" & 10" long. It's in excellent condition and actually appears to have never been used. No residue or odors in the jar, the jar is amber glass and the handle & plug are wood. The atomizer looks brand new and unused (no stains/rust, etc) and the chrome is shiny. The cork gasket looks brand new. Mine is in better condition than this one that just sold on The Bay for $37.00 + shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-039-s-FLIT-Bug-Sprayer-/331330090463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d24cff5df&nma=true&si=kyJwNzj4Zne6Te%252FTqND9NiPm1hc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Remember .... "outside the box"! I'll be listing this one tonight:

3949 3950 3951 3952

Captain
11-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Hell I'll give you a dollar two nighty eight! ;)
And you can send it USPS... :D

Thumper
11-12-2014, 09:27 PM
USPS??? Are you nutz? If I mailed it today, you wouldn't get it until after Christmas ... IF you get it at all! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-12-2014, 09:33 PM
Ben Franklin is spinning somewhere. Poor old Ben. Fart proudly!

I'm amazed at what sells. Sure could have fooled me!

BKB

Thumper
11-12-2014, 11:27 PM
I watched American Pickers tonight. Mike and Frank were digging through a huge pile of junk stored in a semi trailer. While coming up with some "smalls", Mike said something that I thought was really cool and fits the bill here.

"Don't step over that five dollar bill while looking for a fifty!"

I thrive on "smalls" ... ya' haf'ta sell more volume, but they're much easier to come by. ;)

Captain
11-13-2014, 07:09 AM
I watched that from the motel room. They were worried the trailer would tip over if they went inside.
I liked that cobalt crock he picked up. You need to find me a bunch of that stuff.... 😃

Thumper
11-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Cappy, I keep telling myself I need to get more edumacated on those crocks as I run into them all the time. Mostly the ones that look like old moonshine jugs. I have no idea how to tell an antique from a modern jug (unless there's a "Made in China" sticker on the bottom!) That's why I steer clear of many antiques as I don't always know the true antiques from a knock-off. I went to a sale one time where I picked up an "old" sign ... they had a $450.00 price tag on it. I Googled the thing and found there are replicas out there for $15.00. Upon closer inspection, I could see the glue where the tag had been stuck on the bottom. The size and shape matched the tags I saw on-line persactly. That sign had supposedly been appraised by an antique dealer.

This estate sale thing is a real learning process because there are just so many categories. I tend to concentrate on one category and become a self-professed expert, then move on to something else. I picked up two razors just last week for a total of 75-cents ... they'll bring an easy $150 or more.

Captain
11-13-2014, 09:23 AM
That's just smart money there Thumper.
Small item, dirt cheap, easy to clean, handle and ship, and massive return on the dollar.
You got it going on.

Buckrub
11-13-2014, 12:38 PM
I need a loan....