PDA

View Full Version : Thank God I'm

quercus alba
11-13-2014, 02:27 PM
a country boy. my wife has got 4 big bags of greens she's cooking and i can smell the cracklin bread from here. I'm at the table processing venison for the freezer. later this week I'm gonna butcher some rabbits and the boys will be in tomorrow night for a big saturday morning hunt. the weather's cold, the house is warm and the coffee pot is percolating (actually dripping). Saturday night Arkansas and LSU are gonna battle it out like it's 1969.

Don't tell the city folk how good we've got it........

Thumper
11-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Country folk! Ha! Sittin' in front of the TV watchin' a dang ball game! Who you tryin' to kid? :D

Buckrub
11-13-2014, 06:08 PM
My hero, Vince.

Me too. Now if I didn't have to cut it all short and go home and see about Mother's car! Sigh..
Oh well. ....I didn't want to get y'all anything for Christmas anyway. .....

quercus alba
11-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Just got thru with the grinding and bagging of the aforementioned venison and came out with about 85 lbs of boneless meat. Went online and looked at a couple of sites to estimate the live weight and both were pretty close to the same, about 190 lbs on the hoof. Not a bad for an old piney woods buck in southern arkansas. I've killed maybe three bigger weight wise. a 200 lb buck is rare in this part of the country. Those Carolina bucks look bigger than what we have around here or maybe Cap'n just don't shoot no little bucks

Arty
11-13-2014, 08:28 PM
You gotta figure in cappys stature when he's standing beside one.... Throws your perception off. :)

Captain
11-13-2014, 08:29 PM
A two hundred pound deer is a good'un for around here too! I shot several over the years. The largest was 228 on certified scales at the cotton gin in Morvin NC.
They don't come often

Captain
11-13-2014, 08:30 PM
You gotta figure in cappys stature when he's standing beside one.... Throws your perception off. :)

We was posting at the same time.
You can get in line with Thumper and Posty....