PDA

View Full Version : Road kill

Arty
11-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Just typed a long post on this and the damn app crashed.
So...

I saw this on way to work
I didn't cut off the head
I should have
I've regretted it all day

Arty
11-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Pic two

Captain
11-13-2014, 07:44 PM
I repeat all the dumb-ass comments I texted you this morning when you left it.😉

When posting from the forum runner app if you try to post more than one picture it crashes....
I've learned the hard way to post the narrative and one picture then go to the post and edit and add another picture.
I lost several post before I figured that out.

Captain
11-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Oh and I'm still trying to figure who is the bigger dufe, the one who hit it and left it or you! 😜

Arty
11-13-2014, 07:49 PM
I knew that was coming. ... :/

You shoulda seen the pieces of bumper, plastic and headlight allll over the shoulder. Whatever hit him... Is seriously f'd up!

Captain
11-13-2014, 08:03 PM
You could have froze that head solid and shipped it out to Big Sky! That would have been a very cool skull to had.
Notice how I'm drumming up work for Big Sky? :D

Niner
11-14-2014, 06:39 AM
To paraphrase Josey Wales.... Beetles gotta eat, same as worms....

Big Skyz
11-14-2014, 11:10 AM
If we had a Dumbazz of The Year Award you'd get my full nomination on this one. Yup you are going to regret this one for a while.

With that said I'm a little guilty myself. Quite a few years ago one of our janitors came in my classroom and mentioned she had seen a pretty big buck laying dead in the borrow ditch on her way to work. She described it, but she didn't know the difference between a mule deer and a whitetail. From her description it sounded like a pretty nice muley buck. I thought about running and having a look, but didn't. She brought it up again a time or two the next couple days. So about 3 days after the fact, I run out after work and go see if I can find it. Yup I find it. It was the biggest bodied whitetail buck I've ever seen. I will never know how big the antlers were because somebody smarter than me had cut them off earlier that day. I got back in my truck and kicked my own butt all the way home.

DeputyDog
11-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Quite a few of the other officers around here carry a cordless sawz-all in their cars this time of year to get the antlers off of deer like that.

quercus alba
11-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I got your back Arty. I don't mess with roadkill either. Never put a head or horns on the wall that I killed much less a road kill.

Now if it was a 220 B&C, that's another story

Big Skyz
11-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Heck, I'm not going to hang some road kill on the wall. I'm going to clean it up, take a photo or two and make an easy $75.00 to $125.00 on taxidermy.net. I'd no sooner walk past a set of antlers on the ground like that, than I would a hundred dollar bill.

Arty
11-14-2014, 03:27 PM
If we had a Dumbazz of The Year Award you'd get my full nomination on this one. Yup you are going to regret this one for a while. With that said I'm a little guilty myself. Quite a few years ago one of our janitors came in my classroom and mentioned she had seen a pretty big buck laying dead in the borrow ditch on her way to work. She described it, but she didn't know the difference between a mule deer and a whitetail. From her description it sounded like a pretty nice muley buck. I thought about running and having a look, but didn't. She brought it up again a time or two the next couple days. So about 3 days after the fact, I run out after work and go see if I can find it. Yup I find it. It was the biggest bodied whitetail buck I've ever seen. I will never know how big the antlers were because somebody smarter than me had cut them off earlier that day. I got back in my truck and kicked my own butt all the way home.

Trust me. I should nominate MYSELF for it. I can't believe I passed it up.
It was a big deer.