PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha! What're the odds?

Thumper
11-17-2014, 06:57 PM
A few months ago I bought a bunch of GPS' at the lost luggage place when we went to Alabama. I've been listing one at a time whenever I felt like fooling with it. Before listing one, I'd test it. I tested one yesterday and no matter what I tried, it would read, "No Data Available". I figured the law of averages finally caught up to me and I'd bought a defective unit. Well, I dug a little deeper and got into it's internal specs to find out it was loaded with European maps (instead of US maps). I assume some European came here on vacation and brought their GPS with them, only to have their luggage lost! Dang! Wasn't sure I'd be able to unload the thing, but I listed it last night to see what might happen. BOOM! This afternoon I get an email asking if there was any way some guy living in New Jersey could have it by Thursday. He explained he was leaving for Italy on Friday and needed a GPS that would work "over there". He also asked if the directions were given in English. I told him it was set for English and is set up for Europe, so if he paid for it asap, I would drop in in today's mail (USPS Bucky!) and he'd have it by Wednesday via Priority Mail. He apologized for waiting until the last minute (didn't bother me) and bought it immediately. It's now on the way to N.J. and by this weekend will be guiding him around Europe! Ya' just never know. (AND I made $80 on the deal!) :D