PDA

View Full Version : Late entry

Bwana
11-20-2014, 12:18 PM
I gave our opening weekend deer hunting report prior to our trip to Mayo and mentioned I would post pics at a later date, well here they are:

The day-and-a-half-to-hunt buck a.k.a. I gotta have my sausage.

Sorry for the less then impressive pictures but when the picture was taken the winds were 35-40+ mph, we had walked 3 miles before I shot this critter, plus I and my uncle had just got done dragging the buck another 1/2 mile to the point the picture was taken so nobody was very keen on taking pics at that time plus I never reviewed the finished product until we got home.

To make matters worse I was in such a hurry to get the pickup I only snapped a couple of "action" shots of my youngest boy and his deer.

Buckrub
11-20-2014, 12:19 PM
A) That is a VERY nice buck.........as you always seem to get! Way to go.

B) I see trees in the far distance.

jb
11-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Those are bushes, their state tree is the telephone pole.

Chicken Dinner
11-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Man, they do grow them big bodied up north. Nice deer. Is it just me or does it seem like a ton of deer are going down this year?

Captain
11-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Very nice deer Bwana, Congrats
CD is right there are some nice ones getting smoked this year.
35 to 40 MPH wind... I would hate to even roll down the window in the truck to shoot a deer in that wind.
Are you sure he did not surrender, and beg to get shot to just got out of the misery?
You folks are TOUGH....

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Man, that's a hawg. You never posted that recipe for canned deer!

BKB

treyball20
11-20-2014, 03:00 PM
congrats on a great deer. I will be heading to Nebraska tomorrow to see if I can find a nice whitetail haven't shot one for 15 years.

Thumper
11-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Cool! Looks like some nice bucks dropping around this joint this year.

Bwana
11-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the kind words all but just following up as promised in my original post, not because it was a buck to get excited about. Decent body (though you can't tell from the crappy picture) but eh in the antler department for our area. As for winds, that day was BRUTAL with a peak gust that day of 51 mph while we were hunting. The winds were out of the west/northwest that day and we walked almost exactly 3 miles straight into it before I shot my buck. That wind made that walk plain old nasty.

Posthole, as far as a recipe I don't have one. I simply do as stated on the other post and that being cube it, season it, boil until cooked, stuff it in a jar, cover with the liquid left after cooking, and then seal the jars. What we really need is the recipe Big Sky's wife uses in order to do it right.