PDA

View Full Version : Old farts shouldn't be this busy.....

Big Muddy
11-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Just so ya'll know I ain't dead----YET ;)....Man, these past couple of weeks have been one thing after another....I did have time to text my brother, Cap, a time or two, and Buckney checked in on me, too, to make sure I wasn't DOA. ;)

I'll just make a list for ya, so it's easy reading:

1. I am STILL nursing these busted ribs, but much better....still can't sleep on my left side, which is my favorite position.
I'm doing as much as I can handle on the farm, but having to rely heavily on my right-hand-man, Joe, for the heavy jobs....Joe is 51 years old, very intelligent, strong as an ox, hardly ever talks, except to ask "what are we gonna do next", and has been working for me, since he was a teenager....most of the time, he just reads my mind about what needs to be done....I take very good care of him and his Mom, and couldn't farm without him.

2. Wifey hit a storm drain, in town, which didn't have a cover over it because the local democrats are constantly stealing them, and selling them for scrap iron.....demolished the right front axle, steering yoke, strut, stabilizer, tie rod, rim, and tire.....$2,000 bucks worth of damage....ins. companies are absolute crooks....I've got four vehicles insured with this company, and in 34 years with them, I've had only two small windshield chips repaired....now, they wanna nit-pick with me over every single part that the dealer replaced....buncha shitty scumbags.

3. Maw-in-law is not doing very well, either....her best friend passed away, last week....had to install new washer and dryer, and remove the old ones for her....and, still cooking her meals for the week for her....I feel like the "Meals-On-Wheels" folks....got all her legal stuff done this week, too....she wanted to update her will to include some things, exclusively for the grandkids....then, I handled the GM recall on her vehicle....I love the old gal immensely, and don't mind the effort, at all....best m-i-l a man could ask for.

4. Understandably, my son needed another vehicle besides that gas-guzzling 4x4 Siverado(14 mpg) to make the 2 hour round trip commute to his job....told him, no way he could keep the truck AND get a fuel-efficient car, too....called my buddy, and got him a great trade-in deal on the truck....the new Nissan Altima gets 38 mpg.

5. With all of the above sheeit happening, tomorrow is our opening-day of gun season, and I haven't had a chance to get hardly anything prepared....the weather-whores are calling for hot temps and tons of rain, this weekend....my Dad took me on my first opening-morning deer hunt, when I was 5 years old, and ever since then, I haven't missed an opening-morning of deer season, ....tomorrow will be my 60th consecutive opening-day, and come h3ll or high water, I WILL be in the woods!!!....I've told everybody to NOT call or text me, unless somebody in the family is taking their last breath....or, a tall long-legged blonde, with a soft sun tan is looking for me!!! ;)

(P.S. I hope the Hogs beat the dog snot outta Ole Piss.....please !!!!!....actually, according to the
CFB playoff scheme of things, it's in MS State's best interest for Ole Piss to beat the Hogs, and then MS State beat Ole Piss, next weekend....however, I just can't make myself pull for Ole Piss....I don't care if they are
even playing the Univ. of Satan's Nutsack....I just can't do it. ;) )

Chicken Dinner
11-21-2014, 01:25 PM
And here I thought you went to shit and the hogs got you.

Captain
11-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Well Glad to see you got my text this morning. We was missing you around this place.
Hope you kill you a goodun tomorrow!

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2014, 04:54 PM
You're busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

BKB