PDA

View Full Version : Watchng The Outlaw Josey Wales

BarryBobPosthole
11-23-2014, 12:57 AM
For the 100th time at a minimum. And its still a great movie.

"Endeavor to persevere."

Chief Dan George rocked it.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-23-2014, 01:40 AM
One of my all-time favorites.

Chicken Dinner
11-23-2014, 05:53 AM
That and Pale Rider are my two favorite Eastwood movies. "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Niner
11-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.....

Chicken Dinner
11-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Captain
11-23-2014, 09:27 AM
I came her to die with you, or to live with you....

Buckrub
11-23-2014, 09:54 AM
News and old movies is all the bozos watch here. I don't care to watch a movie twice. Rather see something new.

Captain
11-23-2014, 10:03 AM
I could put Tombstone on a "loop" and watch it for a week...

Chicken Dinner
11-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Agreed on Tombstone. I'll be your huckleberry. True Grit, either version, is another one.

I've got no use for TV at deer camp. If I want to "watch a football game, I might listen to it in the radio.

HideHunter
11-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Like all those movies - but I agree with CD.. No TV at turkey camp. One showed up one spring and no one would admit who brought it. So - threw it out the back door. Hey! it's my turkey camp.. everyone else there are "guests". ;)

Buckrub
11-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Agreed on Tombstone. I'll be your huckleberry. True Grit, either version, is another one.

I've got no use for TV at deer camp. If I want to "watch a football game, I might listen to it in the radio.

Then you ain't at camp 5 weeks.....and it's pouring down. But I'd enjoy your camps too. I'm pretty agreeable. I'm a natural born follower.

And I like a whole lot of different things.

BarryBobPosthole
11-23-2014, 12:39 PM
We used to have a Thanksgiving tradition in our deer camp. We'd all gather in camp the Saturday after Thanksgiving and watch the OU-Nebraska football game on a little five inch TV I still have out in the garage. The Blue Sock would get busted out and there'd be a lot of hollerin' going on that day. And then somebody decided the OU-Nebraska game wasn't a tradition any more and Nebraska got all uppity (only a midwesterner would know how ironic that is) and joined the Big Ten. Nowthey have a butthole coach and can't beat Minnesota.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-23-2014, 12:39 PM
You are living the dream. Five weeks of camp might change might indeed change my perspective.

Buckrub
11-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Serious note.
I am indeed, Hank. True.
I have X years left and X is a decreasing asymptotical curve (math major). Other than trying to convert the unwashed masses, I now try to enjoy whatever I'm doing. I'm not like Buckrub, not really. I am sitting under the wheely shed watching it pour down, gonna watch Mallett play at noon a while, and go sit in a stand till dark. All if it makes me smile

Glad the farm wasn't ransacked, have a battery tender on the pos battery on wheely, glad I don't have to walk (yet), and was helping cut up and process and grind a 12 year old kid's deer he killed last night. And hogs are respectable again.

life is indeed good. Short, but good.

Chicken Dinner
11-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Bill, I sure hope I get to share a camp with you before the curve goes vertical for either of us. I'm old school, but sitting on the porch or in front of the fire depending on temperature and listening to the game on the radio is more my style. I also enjoy sitting around, sipping whiskey and swapping lies during the down time at camp. I'm generally a go along and get along sort. So, I'd do whatever.

quercus alba
11-23-2014, 04:51 PM
"Personally I don't care much for hoosiers either"

Thumper
11-23-2014, 05:16 PM
"Personally I don't care much for hoosiers either"

Hey! I like Hooters!!

No wait, you said .... never mind! ;)

Buckrub
11-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Bill, I sure hope I get to share a camp with you before the curve goes vertical for either of us. I'm old school, but sitting on the porch or in front of the fire depending on temperature and listening to the game on the radio is more my style. I also enjoy sitting around, sipping whiskey and swapping lies during the down time at camp. I'm generally a go along and get along sort. So, I'd do whatever.

Invitation permanently open.

DeputyDog
11-23-2014, 10:14 PM
QA, I'll try to remember that an stay away from you.

quercus alba
11-24-2014, 12:23 AM
DD, Some of my best friends are <s>black</s>, <s>muslim</s> hoosiers