PDA

View Full Version : Semi-halftime-parttime-partial Trip Report

Buckrub
11-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Home for about 20 hours for Thanksgiving. Will eat traditional stuff with mother and our clan tomorrow, next door at her house.

Camp is more than half over. Other than one drama involving a dog, etc., it's going absolutely swimmingly. To be honest, I'm having a grand old time. Old age has its benefits. We get up and go when we want.....usually early but if Metamucil doesn't work, oh well, we catch the 7:00 a.m. wave. Or we stay in and sleep and twiddle our toenails. No one is worried about it. Most times we hunt, though, and it's been ok. Not like the good old days when we saw 30+ deer every day, but we've averaged one buck for every 3 days. Not our best average, but way above our worst. None are wall hangers, but everyone is happy with them, we congratulate each other sincerely, and we help process our own meat. I have my buck, and I ain't doe hunting, so my pressure is off.

The hogs are winning a bit, the weather has been ok (other than Sunday, a washout), we are all eating our own stuff and happy about it, and other than one hiccup we're all getting along just fine.

Two more days plus two weeks. I can't wait to get back tomorrow night. Everyone shows up with tons of Thanksgiving leftovers, and we pig out for several days. Thanksgiving and the few days after is our traditional rut (defined by me as when the does actually stand for the buck), and sometimes lasts up to fifteen or twenty minutes!!! ha. So, Friday morning, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.......should be good.

Mama comes back from South Carolina Monday. The one downer is someone breaking into farm house and I'll probably meet her over there Tuesday or sometime and investigate. Home, the Farm, and Camp are all about a 2 hour driving triangle. That place is gonna break me /us, but.......cheaper than a divorce. Oh well.

Then it's Christmas, and then it's time to start finding holes in the weather to crappie fish.

The Lord let me get up this morning. I'm thankful to Him for all He has done for me, much of which is miraculous, and for all the abundance that I have.....including all you guys, some of whom are incalcitrantly incorrect and invalid in most all of your thinking, and others are amazingly intelligent and insightful. Y'all can sort out which is which. But I'm glad to know all of you. The doormat is always open at my house or deer camp for any or all of you, at any time. I'm thankful I'll probably be dead when the inevitable Civil War starts. I'm thankful that I really do know how to diet and get rid of these unbelievable pounds that I'm adding the past and future month or two. I'm thankful I have all of my hair, most of my teeth, over half of my memory, and at least 30% of my wits, and that our hot water and heat pump are working fine. I do wish I had some of my money back, but I'd blow it on junk.

Washing bloody and dirty clothes (I do this more efficiently than Cappy, whom I've witnessed doing the task. His way is not too bad, but not perfect on camo orange shirts!!), gonna go sit in my favorite easy chair, call Mama and visit, get tomorrow over with, and head back to Paradise.

I can check in via the phone, but can't type via thumbs all that I need or want to say. So........just imagine what I would have said, and go from there.

Happy Thanksgiving, Fellow Dufewads.

quercus alba
11-26-2014, 06:12 PM
Good for you Bill and I agree whole heartedly. Family, food and football with a little deer hunting tossed in. The guys will all be in and my baby is going to preach for us this weekend. I'm at peace with God and man

Buckrub
11-26-2014, 06:15 PM
how about woman??

:lmao

quercus alba
11-26-2014, 06:23 PM
That's always a tight rope act this time of year. Best I can do is wash a few dishes and stay out of the way

Big Muddy
11-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Venus is the only planet, which spins clockwise, and is associated with the female gender....so, what does that tell you???
Women usually do the right thing. ;)

Arty
11-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Bill, it sounds like you got it all figgered out. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. And to everyone else here. I AM going to take you up on the open invitation for hunting one day. I just can't seem to figure out how to get to Arkansas from here!!!! Is it possible? I dunno. I'm currently looking at TWO count'em TWO fresh pecan pies sitting on the stove cooling off, made by the prettiest woman in the world. Myself and the two greatest two young men I know are currently salivating over them, but we've been warned not to touch them until tomorrow.

We all have a lot to be thankful for. And I am chief among them.

Buckrub
11-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Bill, it sounds like you got it all figgered out.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. And to everyone else here.

I AM going to take you up on the open invitation for hunting one day. I just can't seem to figure out how to get to Arkansas from here!!!! Is it possible? I dunno.

I'm currently looking at TWO count'em TWO fresh pecan pies sitting on the stove cooling off, made by the prettiest women in the world. Myself and the two greatest two young men I know are currently salivating over them, but we've been warned not to touch them until tomorrow.

Possible???

Heck, I thought every road in America went through here....................

Buckrub
11-26-2014, 07:13 PM
1063 miles.
16 hours, 56 minutes.

http://www.mapquest.com/#e7392805cbe8b1c25dce8939

Arty
11-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Possible??? Heck, I thought every road in America went through here....................

Probably so. I'm an east coast kinda guy.
For now.

I'll figure it out one day.

Arty
11-26-2014, 07:18 PM
WHEW! Is that all!?
Heck I need a week off just to drive to and fro'...

Captain
11-26-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm currently looking at TWO count'em TWO fresh pecan pies sitting on the stove cooling off, made by the prettiest woman in the world.
Uh.... you need to share! ;)
(now you are asking yourself which is he talking about)

Arty
11-26-2014, 10:14 PM
Uh.... you need to share! ;) (now you are asking yourself which is he talking about)

All of the above, are all mine! :)

Captain
11-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Selfish 😉