PDA

View Full Version : Darkly colored and full oh shit....

Big Muddy
11-28-2014, 10:50 AM
This is prolly a joke, but if it is, it's a good 'un: ;)

In a fitting honor of his legacy, the state of North Dakota is naming a brand-new landfill after Obama.

In a 35-10 vote, the State Senate sent a bill to Gov. Jack Dalrymple to call the new waste disposal site the “Barack Obama Memorial Landfill.” It will be the largest landfill in North Dakota and the 17th largest in the nation. It will specialize in toxic waste.

“We wanted to do something to honor the president,” says Republican State Senator Doug Perlman, who was the lead sponsor of the bill. “And I think a pile of garbage is a fitting tribute to Obama’s presidency.

“We originally planned on naming it after a nearby mountain. But then someone jokingly suggested we name it after Obama. I never thought and idea like that would actually pass. But I was pleasantly surprised.”

Even Democrats in the state supported the new name.

“I supported Obama because I thought he would end the wars in the Middle East;” says Allison Mitchell, a progressive Democrat from Grand Forks. “But he decided to fight new wars abroad instead of fighting for single-payer health care and jobs here at home.

“I guess people expected me to oppose this landfill thing because I’m a Democrat. But honestly I don’t really care anymore. Maybe this small act of protest will wake him up.”

The Daily Currant asked residents what they thought of the name: Many approved.

“I can’t think of a better name,” says Joe Blough, a plumber from Minot. “It’s darkly colored and it’s full of shit. That pretty much sums up Obama.”

Niner
11-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Darn the bad luck!! Snopes sas nopes......and I was SOOOOOO hoping this one was true.

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/obamalandfill.asp

Big Muddy
11-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Yep, I kinda figured it was just satire....hence, my disclaimer.

Buckrub
11-28-2014, 03:10 PM
When I was in the Army Reserve, the Army dictated each state recruit X blacks. North Dakota was told to sign 500.

Oops.

Big Muddy
11-29-2014, 11:55 AM