PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Crownine

Thumper
12-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Gots an estate sale this weekend that may interest you. No pics of this stuff, but the description sounds a bit interesting. You lookin' for anything special?

Loads of Ham Radio literature and parts, antenna, lots of cable and wire, parts, etc.

Captain
12-03-2014, 10:12 PM
He's to busy shooting big deer to low with his radios. :)

Arty
12-03-2014, 11:08 PM
The man kills trophy bucks off his back porch with non matching camo.
He has no time or need for Ham Radio anymore! :)

Niner
12-04-2014, 08:06 AM
I've been thinking about this one, Thump. HARD to tell what they've got from that description. Could be a bunch of junk, or it could be the banks of a big find!!

Keep an eye out for microphones. I could prolly use one of those old Astatic D104 "lollypop" mics....or some of the other old "base-station" microphones. Not NEED, but 'could use".

Lemme see....what other odds and ends could I use.....
If they have a coaxial switch, that would be cool.
(That is a switchbox that several coax lines connect to.)

IF they have an amplifier, I'd be interested IF the price was cheap and it doesn't smell "smoky"...and it doesn't weigh 500#....gotta think about shipping ya know.

Atry is right.....kindof sortof......I have not been on my radio much since Microsoft stopped supporting XP. I have downloaded a Linux OS that I still need to install on the XP computer in "The Shack".

Which day(s) are you going to the sale? Do you think they have cellphone service there? I'll make sure I have my phone on me so you could text me pics of stuff if you'd be interested in doing that.

It could be like a lot of Estate Sales that I have been to up here. After the family and friends got through scavaging what they wanted out of the place, what was left for the sale was a bunch of "rubbish".

Oh!! Thanks for thinking about me, buddy!!!! :thumbsup

Thumper
12-04-2014, 07:41 PM
I had a D-104 in my old CB base station days ... traded it along with an old Cobra for a British .303 Jungle Carbine. ;)

I was at an estate sale just a month or so ago and they had THREE D-104's there but there wasn't enough room built-in to make any money on resale. I was hoping they'd last until the next day and I'd scarf 'em up at half price (especially since I had no way to test them), but somebody paid full pop for 'em on Friday. :(

Anyway, I just talked to my partner and it looks like we're gonna skip that sale tomorrow and hit a local sale. We were at a sale all day (a hoarder) yesterday and drove 110 miles round-trip today to another huge sale .. so we're ready to stay close to home. (the others were too good to pass up).

Sorry for the false start ... we just burned ourselves out digging the past couple days. It was fun though! ;)

Niner
12-04-2014, 08:21 PM
No harm no foul. Thanks for thinking about me!